Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Any XDS owners?

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Any XDS owners?

Post by markiver54 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:50 pm

I have had my Spingfield XDs for a few years now. Have not been happy with the grips;
I added two Pachmayr products recently. First one is a magazine extender for the 7 round mag. NOW there is a place for my pinky. I want to keep it as concealable as possible.
Next is the Pachmayr grip sleeve.....aaaah, what an improvement over factory. Now upon a quick purchase of the pistol,....POI has greatly improved over all, IMO.
Any thoughts !!
20210320_212652.jpg
20210320_212601.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

dave77
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Any XDS owners?

Post by dave77 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:11 pm

That grip sleeve looks pretty thick, maybe that helped your grip enough to improve your accuracy. I'm sure being able to grip it with all 4 fingers would help.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:46 pm

dave77 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:11 pm
That grip sleeve looks pretty thick, maybe that helped your grip enough to improve your accuracy. I'm sure being able to grip it with all 4 fingers would help.
Yes Dave. The sleeve has made it feel totally different. I like this little gun a lot. I think it was a great improvement.
Not too much printing to overcome with the grip extension either.
Almost feel like I got a new gun. :D
BTW , the sleeve is not as thick as it may look, but sure makes it feel better...at least for my hand.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:26 am

the only thing that matters is how it works for you .... glad you've found upgrades that fit your wants and needs
2 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:00 am

One caution for you, I put the same sleeve on my S&W Shield and while I loved how it improved the feel of the grip I found that while shooting and doing mag changes it would slip down and interfere with inserting a new mag. As this was a carry gun I quit using the sleeve. Hopefully your experience will be different.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:04 am

Hatchdog wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:00 am
One caution for you, I put the same sleeve on my S&W Shield and while I loved how it improved the feel of the grip I found that while shooting and doing mag changes it would slip down and interfere with inserting a new mag. As this was a carry gun I quit using the sleeve. Hopefully your experience will be different.
Thanks for your input Hatch! Will keep that in mind.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:21 am

I carry the XD sub in 9 and it’s the best concealed carry just as it is for me. I also like the Sherpa holsters.

I have small hands and it fits me perfect.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Stray Cat
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Stray Cat » Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:16 pm

I had to go to an 8rd mag on my XDS9 as I couldn't shoot it well with the flush 7rd. Without a home for my pinky, my accuracy suffers greatly. I picked up some 9rd for range use but wouldn't care to carry it that way. I have considered adding a sleeve to take some bite out of the grip during range shoots.

I've had mine for several years and still have the stock trigger set from the recall. I don't care for the gritty feel of my trigger, and really don't want to modify it for a carry pistol. Once you get familiar with the trigger feel it's a good shooting pistol and mine has been very reliable.
0 x
Jeff

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:41 pm

Stray Cat wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:16 pm
I had to go to an 8rd mag on my XDS9 as I couldn't shoot it well with the flush 7rd. Without a home for my pinky, my accuracy suffers greatly. I picked up some 9rd for range use but wouldn't care to carry it that way. I have considered adding a sleeve to take some bite out of the grip during range shoots.

I've had mine for several years and still have the stock trigger set from the recall. I don't care for the gritty feel of my trigger, and really don't want to modify it for a carry pistol. Once you get familiar with the trigger feel it's a good shooting pistol and mine has been very reliable.
I carry with a 7 and have two 9’s in a separate pouch.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:28 pm

Stray Cat wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:16 pm

That is why, for concealment reasons, I carry with the 7 round magazine, but got the pachmayr grip extender for my pinky.
Feels a lot better!
And less than $10.00 through Amazon. The sleeve, so far, is a big improvement also.
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry