Handi-Racker?

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Re: Handi-Racker?

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:40 am

markiver54 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:28 am
For practice or target shooting...great!, however, I don't always carry chambered. I would not want to ask a thug to wait while I get out my tracker. :o
Would rather just keep my racking hand strong, or, choose a different weapon. Did not know those existed though, so thanks Gunny.
It is primarily a range bag item for folks who cannot rack a slide - Arthritis, vets and others who are missing fingers/thumb, or have some other disability, etc.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:49 am

True, true Gunny. That makes total sense when I look at it that way.
I was obviously thinking too much on a personal level. :oops:
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:18 am

markiver54 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:49 am
True, true Gunny. That makes total sense when I look at it that way.
I was obviously thinking too much on a personal level. :oops:
I'd like to see these available for use at pistol ranges, or mounted to the bench on 2 or 3 lanes. They have a bench mount variety that has five made as a unit specifically for bench mounting. In fact if I ran a typical indoor range, I'd have the bench mount version at every station just for safety reasons. For example when clearing a misfire (light primer strike, etc.). Many people use a cross body method to rack a slide, which often results in the muzzle being pointed at the guy/gal on an adjoining lane. I've seen this happen. Not good. :o

See the web site for info and pricing: http://handiracker.com/

1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:53 pm

markiver54 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:28 am
For practice or target shooting...great!, however, I don't always carry chambered. I would not want to ask a thug to wait while I get out my racker. :o
Would rather just keep my racking hand strong, or, choose a different weapon. Did not know those existed though, so thanks Gunny.
A couple pics of how it works with my S&W EZ (9mm).

There's really only 2 sizes (not counting Barretta types). The width of the slots that fit over the slides are slightly different on each end to accomodate a range of slide widths, as shown in the pic below. The wide slot works on my Ruger, the narrow slot for the compacts. They are not intended to fit tightly around the slide, and the sight slot is large and deep enough to accomodate most any front sight. The size you pick if you intend to buy one depends on the width of the slides you're going to use it on. This is all explained on the website ( handiracker.com ).

Before racking:

Slide fully racked:

0 x