Post by fortyshooter » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:00 pm

That's a nice one!
1 x

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Re: Show me your classic Smiths

Post by Rifletom » Sun Nov 08, 2020 3:41 pm

Dang! You folks have some really nice Smith's! Impressed.
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Sun Nov 08, 2020 4:00 pm

Well okay, you guys are asking for it! :D

Stepping away from the revolver world here are a couple of 3rd generation steel semi-autos. A 1006 10mm and a 4506-1 45 acp. Love these old school semi’s, DA/SA with a de-cocker. Note both have the adjustable sight on them, possibly the ugliest sight in history. :D Big, heavy and kinda awkward but they both shoot like a dream. Recoil??? Not with these massive hunks of beautiful steel. Used to have the full line-up including a 9mm and a 40 S&W but parted with those two.
21AC0CC2-6746-4ED6-AC8E-F15A3916C289.jpeg
6167905F-9FD9-4716-B9F6-B99EF7DA632D.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

If1Hitu
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by If1Hitu » Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:48 pm

My Simth & Wesson
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
A individual can't be a Army
A individual can't be a Navy.
A individual can't be a Air Force
A individual can't be a Coast Guard
A individual can be a MARINE! Semper Fi.

Centaur
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Centaur » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:52 pm

I don’t have a picture, but I have a Beckert 22 that my dad bought in the 1930s. Great trigger, and it’s a shooter!
0 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:09 am

If1hitu,

That’s a nice looking 1911. I have wanted ever since S&W brought them out. So far it has eluded me but I may grab one before I’m done. :D
0 x

Retiredguns
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Retiredguns » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:00 pm

'98 686+ Not vintage, but at least pre-lock. Love carrying this in the winter. Very impressed with accuracy considering the 2.5" bbl.

2 x
USMC RETIRED
Big Boy Steel .357/.38 rifle

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed Dec 23, 2020 8:39 pm

Neither are classics; I picked up the M 360 a couple of weeks ago. But, the style is classic. So, I thought I would post. Plus, I like S&W revolvers.
S&W_65-5.JPG
S&W_M360.JPG
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:40 am

I have a few very nice Smiths. They don't look it, but they are all shooters. Back when I first graduated from the Academy, we were issued Model 64 Revolvers. I was designated as a Firearms Instructor based on my performance on the range in the Academy. They had been in the market for an additional instructor anyway. The officers had been pushing for a switch to Semi-Autos and the Chief called me into his office and asked what I thought about the idea. I like revolvers, so I told him it was up to him... I was good either way, I was shooting both in competition. If he wanted to switch it would be best to set up a protocol and test four or five models and see which worked best for the department. "Make it happen." We cut it down to the Glock Model 22 .40 cal and the Sig P220 .45. The Chief chose the Glock based on initial cost of the Guns and the projected costs of ammunition for training.

When they made the switch we could buy our guns, I bought mine and ONE of the Model 64 2" guns authorized for carry by Sergeants and the Chief.

my model 64s.jpg

I had been shooting the 4" Model 64 in competition and winning, and had shot the necessary five trips over the Distinguished Course with the Model 64 to earn that bar for my uniform. Five for Five. 300 Rounds into five targets. The range master had to supervise the course and sign off on each relay. I framed the back target of the five, we had saved the cardboard each time and just added another target. So that back target had 300 shots through it. Dang right I framed it. :P

distinquished comp.jpg

The other Smith is the 10-6... but it's not "really" stock. One of the Members of our PPC league was also a member of the Pistolsmith's Guild and built most of our competition guns. He built a LOT of comp guns... for folks all over the US.... This gun is a LOT more accurate than I am capable of. I was blessed to know Jerry, and unfortunately, he passed before he could earn the acclaim he fully deserved.

model 10 6.jpg

He built guns that won the Police Nationals several years in a row, and also bullseye and PPC. To me, this gun is priceless. He built my Semi-auto and did other work for me as well.
He was voted Pistolsmith of the Year by the Guild, the year he passed.

:(

I have the 642 Airweight 38 from the 90s that Miss T carries, and a M&P 340 357 as a EDC, and like them a lot. But, of course they aren't really classics as others have already pointed out.
;)
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:33 am

Maybe some to these are not “classics” per the calendar but any gun with a story is a classic!

Thanks for sharing everybody and I’m loving the S&W pics.
0 x