Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Revolvers are multiplying

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Revolvers are multiplying

Post by PT7 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:09 pm

Great photos of some fine-looking revolvers, Ditto. I'd say this is a "thumbs-up times six!"

Can I name my favorite? For two reasons, it is the S&W 10-5, 4 inch barrel, .38 special. I like the caliber, and the fact that it carries a fixed rear sight and a front blade. Easy to handle/shoot, and very sharp-looking with those wood grips.

It's a great start to your revolver collection! :)

BTW, what is your choice of a favorite....and why?
Thanks for posting....enjoyed the photos.
1 x

~Пока~

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed May 17, 2017 8:12 pm

Well, you knew I had to chime in with my favorite.

USFA Colt Rodeo in 45 Colt. One of two of matched consecutive serial number set. The only way I can actually tell the two apart, right down to the angle of slots on the screw heads,trigger pulls and action smoothness, is the serial number. Finest finished revolver(s) I have ever owned.
4 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:15 pm

Two current favorites to shoot: the Ruger Security-Six is in good condition, but it's not TOO nice. It's a workhorse gun that I like to shoot on a regular basis, and I'm not worried about wearing it out or breaking it. The Colt .22 is OLD -1930- and has lost a lot of its bluing over the years, but it's all honest wear, not beat up or abused. It still locks up tight, and shoots really well. Again, as with the Ruger, this one is not collectible, it's just a really nice shooter.

Edit: Oh, and as for the Model 10, PT7 I agree with you, they are the bomb. My "problem" is the one I have turned out to be nicer than I expected when it arrived. It's not one I want to shoot a lot. I need to look for one that's got some miles on it. A police trade in, maybe.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu May 18, 2017 8:47 am

David
From top to bottom on the Freedom Arms 454 Casull with a 45 colt cylinder, 475 Linebaugh and bottom is 41 mag. The only one I bought new was the 475. I bought the other 2 used and I dont think the 41 mag has ever been shot and I know I havent shot it yet. I do also own some Smith and Wessons a model 15 K-38 masterpiece, 657 power port 41 mag and a 617 22lr. I also have a Ruger match champion 357. Just havent got those out for photos yet. JEBar I felt the same way about single actions for a long time Ive just learned to use a different grip and adjusted. But like you mentioned its just personal preference. Al
3 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Thu May 18, 2017 10:25 am

Yes, do post the other photos of your additional revolvers, Big Al. I cannot count the number of times I've handled a Ruger .357 Magnum Match Champion in various LGS. The balance of that revolver is superb, the fine-tuned lighter DA trigger pull is a pleasure, and the beautiful wood grips are my favorite part of all the gun's components. I'd really like to have one of those GP100s someday!
BigAl52 wrote:David
From top to bottom on the Freedom Arms 454 Casull with a 45 colt cylinder, 475 Linebaugh and bottom is 41 mag. The only one I bought new was the 475. I bought the other 2 used and I dont think the 41 mag has ever been shot and I know I havent shot it yet. I do also own some Smith and Wessons a model 15 K-38 masterpiece, 657 power port 41 mag and a 617 22lr. I also have a Ruger match champion 357. Just havent got those out for photos yet. JEBar I felt the same way about single actions for a long time Ive just learned to use a different grip and adjusted. But like you mentioned its just personal preference. Al
0 x

~Пока~

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Thu May 18, 2017 9:53 pm

IMG_0567.JPG
Here you go PT7 a few more revolvers for you. Mostly Smiths and one Ruger Match Champion. The Ruger has really not been shot much. I just havent got it out as much, no particular reason. I ususally take out a single action when I go but lately the feelings have been running strong into the 45-70's I have an all weather on order threw Henry themselves they are shipping one to my local gun store. Al
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BigAl52 on Fri May 19, 2017 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri May 19, 2017 12:12 am

Thanks much, BigAl. Love the photography, and of course, the subject matter. Really cool-looking revolver collection.

If it were mine, I'd take this great photo and frame it, and put a small name plate at the bottom --- "The Magnificent Seven." Yessir, those 7 revolvers are really attention-grabbing. For me, the Match Champion is the sharpest revolver with that magnificent wood grip Ruger has made for it. I sometimes think that I like beautiful wood too much!! ;)

Oh yes, if you feel the Match Champion is getting at all neglected and not shot enough, go ahead and send it my way! I'll be sure it gets a lot of range time. :D

BigAl52 wrote:IMG_0567.JPG

Here you go PT7 a few more revolvers for you. Mostly Smiths and one Ruger Match Champion. The Ruger has really not been shot much. I just havent got it out is all not particular reason. I ususally take out a single action when I go but lately the feelings have been running strong into the 45-70's I have an all weather on order threw Henry themselves they are shipping one to my local gun store. Al
0 x

~Пока~

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Fri May 19, 2017 3:53 am

My God, I think they're spawning.....................
4 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri May 19, 2017 8:57 am

Thanks for the compliments. The one I have shot the most in that bunch is the Model 25 45acp. Its tons of fun to shoot and very accurate. The other one is the 929 which is a 9mm that gun is scary accurate and with that big gun there is no recoil and I can buy that cheap 9mm ammo for my autos and shoot the reloads in this one.
1 x

H001T .22LR
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri May 19, 2017 11:12 am

BigAl52 wrote:Here you go PT7 a few more revolvers for you. Mostly Smiths and one Ruger Match Champion. The Ruger has really not been shot much. I just havent got it out as much, no particular reason. I ususally take out a single action when I go but lately the feelings have been running strong into the 45-70's I have an all weather on order threw Henry themselves they are shipping one to my local gun store. Al
a very nice set of double actions .... there isn't a single one in the picture that I wouldn't be proud to own .... as I've stated before, a GP100 357 is the one revolver i regret never owning .... if I was to purchase one today I'd really be torn between the 4 and 6" barrel .... decades ago we gave each of our sons a 6" GP .... we chose the 6" because at that time it was the minimum barrel length NC required for deer hunting .... over the years I've fired them often and they are outstanding revolvers ....
2 x