Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My husband went to only keeping/shooting his

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

My husband went to only keeping/shooting his

Post by Catherine » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:56 am

GLOCK 45 acp pistols. They are duplicate pistols so his Conceal and/or Open carry guns are the same brand/year/model/caliber. He liked the one Glock 45acp so much that he ordered a duplicate a week or so later. This was a few years ago when he changed his daily conceal carry gun.

I guess that you never know what a man will decide on when he goes through more of his 'stuff' over time. :)

His sweet full and compact size 1911 pistols sold quickly with our FFL man. Package deal, leather holster, extra magazines for both of them, book, etc. The full size model was one that he used to compete with even though he used the second one and various other handguns in competition and for CC and OC use over the years. (S/A and D/A revolvers.)

He did not want the cash and is using a full in store credit as he always does. He special ordered a HENRY walnut/blued 45-70 rifle. I don't know what he will get with the rest of his money. He wanted to buy something for ME but I told him that I did not need or want anything right now. :shock:

He will have a back up rifle in 45-70 when this Henry comes in. He kept his one other CT Marlin Classic 45-70 rifle.

He has been shooting on a almost daily basis as I mentioned elsewhere since he retired. He goes to the range after he walks a few miles and he really likes NORMAL HOURS and his retirement! No more high stress - 24/7 job. Woo hoo!

http://www.wmfga.org/

Cate
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Re: My husband went to only keeping/shooting his

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:09 pm

I certainly envy that Montana shooting range, Cate. It's a great looking facility. When I renew my annual indoor range membership, it will cost me $400 and that's a competitive price in CT.

Please post a few pictures of his new Henry when it arrives. Thanks.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 2:31 pm

CT_Shooter wrote:I certainly envy that Montana shooting range, Cate. It's a great looking facility.
If you miss that backstop CT, you're pretty bad :D
2 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:49 pm

Henry88 wrote: If you miss that backstop CT, you're pretty bad :D
It's a beautiful backstop, but if a bullet could travel that far before it fell to the ground, it would defy the science of physics. ;)

BTW, I'm not a physics scientist. I'm also not an environmental scientist. Nonetheless, I do believe in gravity and that the climate has changed and is continuing to change because of human activity.

Earth Day! 8-) My home on the range.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

RanchRoper
Forum Ambassador
Canada

Post by RanchRoper » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:13 pm

That's a very nice range. Might have to head south and try it out! :)
1 x
1860 Colt SA Richards Conversion Revolver .45C
1860 Henry .45C
1885 High Wall .45C
1820-1840 Frontier Percussion .50
1790-1820 Frontier Flintlock .50

Ohkínohkomit - Shoot skillfully

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:29 am

CT Shooter and RR,

I don't know how to post pictures plus my OLD computer is almost dead here. I am still using it because I don't care for my husband's laptop computer but I may have NO choice if this old one dies on me or I may look for another newer computer. He wants me to pick one out but I want to use this old one until I can't any longer since I am used to it.

Years ago, he used to put some up some gun, range and scenery pictures for me on a couple of boards that we do not read/post on any longer. Plus some of those boards no longer exist!

My husband may be able to do this for me with his small tablet 'computer'.

We don't use, never did use or want to use online photo company accounts.

Cate
0 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:32 am

RanchRoper wrote:That's a very nice range. Might have to head south and try it out! :)
LOL

I'll put the coffee and tea pots on! :)

Cate
1 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:32 am

CT Shooter,

I forgot to mention this to you. Sorry about that!

Back east, I used to shoot at a INDOOR range connected to my gun store near the highway patrol station - another county. That added up ($!) but it was worth it to me! I did this for about one year and, later on, on and off for a time frame. It was a LONG drive back and forth for me from my house in the boonies though.

I was asked to join a gun club/range in another state across the line which I visited when asked with a another gun buddy - I ran into one of my LE buddies there too, one club/range close to my old boat drops/docks (FREE ones and rented $ ones.) - nice people there too and one other one close to my favorite gun store too. NONE of them were that close but I did consider all offers and THANKED my old buddies and new friends for the invitations.

Plus I joined a nice Sportsman's Club, club house and outdoor range, in the middle of farm country that I was asked to join by my girl friend's husband. He took me to my first meeting, said that he knew me, and they did and may still do a 'check' on you too. That was in another county but much CLOSER to my rural home in the boonies. Lake/farm country. That one was not expensive for an annual fee but we decided, voted on, to buy more farm land and woods. So we took a vote and each one of us paid a one time $100.00 charge into our membership fees for that purpose. So old and new members had to pay that ONE TIME $100. fee plus our annual dues. You had to be an NRA member so that the cost of insurance was at a lower rate. That former club of mine has really grown from what I can tell and they have/had more cowboy shoots, other high power shoots, bowling pin shoots, etc. I liked the high power shoot and tried it one time with one of the gun guys rifles. (I did NOT personally own a CF rifle until I moved to Montana and when I did get one it was in a lever action rifle.) They asked me to please come to it and I did. It was fun but it was a snowy, icy, windy and BITTER COLD but I still went to it and shot. I stayed for the entire day and froze my butt off. I did get to see some of the rifles like you see up at Camp Perry competition shoots though at my old club/range. Garands, etc. The older man, a friend, had me shoot his SKS and it was a 7:62 x 39mm caliber. (I shot one of them in Colorado on BLM land because some man wanted me to try and shoot his rifle too. I was shooting with other people.) Meanwhile back at my old club at that winter high power shoot that they held year round, some other man stayed with me while I shot - I asked him to do this since I was NEW to the rifle, we had our range officers and we had a bunch of relays. I stayed for the entire day too. But it sure was cold out and windy! That SKS rifle felt HEAVY to me since I only shot/owned 3 RF rifles and I was mainly into HANDGUN shooting in the beginning, back east, and for years on end even out here. I used to be a handgun lady so to speak. So I only shot a SKS rifle twice in my life back in my former state and in Colorado. I always said that I wanted to try this or that even if I never really wanted to own or buy a specific rifle. I do not own, carry or shoot handguns any longer as you may or may not remember due to my arthritis.

I shot my former Sheriff's (MC-MT) Uzi too. This was before he became sheriff and he was in LE for most if not all of his life. I shot that UZI here at my range and was asked it I wanted to shoot it. (I did not know the man personally.) He was 'shooting the breeze' with my husband, we were not married at the time, and I was willing to try that out too. They were talking guns and I was shooting. He asked my husband if I would like to shoot it and he told him that he should ask me. So he did, they stayed with me and explained the gun to me. He was a good Sheriff and IS a smart, good and nice man. I had never seen a UZI before other than in the movies! That one that 3 barrels to it. So I got to shoot FULL AUTO once in my life with that too. I did this while wearing my former Triple K belt and holster holding my former Ruger Blackhawk in 45 long colt.

Take care.

Cate
4 x