Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A simple six shot 38

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: A simple six shot 38

Post by daytime dave » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:50 am

It sounds like Lou knew what he was doing in pairing you up.
0 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: A simple six shot 38

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:08 am

It's funny, people come and go in our lives. They drift in and out and pass thru like traffic. ;) Some we feel a pang when we suddenly realize it's been a year since we've seen them, others we want to throw a party. :shock: come on, we've all come across those folks... they make successful comedies about them... don t look at me like that. :?

Every now and then, you are lucky enough to get one that sticks with you. A real friend that becomes like family. You can call at 2am and they will answer the phone, and you'd take their calls. When you ask for advice, they tell you what they really think, not what you want to hear, even knowing it will make you :twisted: .

Lou was my mentor in the shooting sports, and the first thing I learned was how much I didn't know... then the teaching began.
He was my Rabbi, my advisor, my counselor in my law enforcement career. He was never in my chain of command, but guided me anyway.

He became my friend somewhere along the way. Laughing when I moved way out in the small county an hour's drive from everything. When he retired he bought twenty five acres on a pond and built a house and pistol range... ten minutes from me. :lol: Still there for advice, we can have coffee in the kitchens a couple times a month. He still tries to look out for "the kid," and I'm nearly 59 and retired. He will turn 80 this year, has retired, but still competes and wins. ;)

Grumpy old man... folks love him or hate him, no halfway. But they all respect him. :D
1 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.