Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

12X Leupold

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

12X Leupold

Post by bandit1250 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:46 pm

I recently sold a dust collecting varmint model 112 Savage 220 Swift single shot. Still have one of the same thing so I won't really miss it. I had a fixed Leupold Silhouette scope on it so I kept my scope because they are hard to find and it is a gloss finished model. It replaced my fixed 6X Burris HBR scope on my Grand Finale that was the first GF I had bought. Took it out today and sighted it in and shot some targets at 50 yds. with it on the GF and then shot several boxes of ammo shooting playing cards and the KYL spinner. I can see pretty good with the extra power. The parallax only goes down to 40 yds. but I only shoot targets at 50 yds. and farther now at the range. It has the tall target knobs which are OK but I think the profile of the GF rifle would look a little better with shorter adjusters. At least they are capped but it did come with the extra set of exposed adjustments. It is a very fine scope and I feel Leupold screwed up when they dropped the old line for the new models they offer now at terrible high prices. I don't have any pictures to post now. My camera has been messing up and I have threatened to smash it to pieces. Well I carried out that threat last night. :shock: :D
2 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Re: 12X Leupold

Post by Vaquero » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:06 pm

Oh no, on the camera. :o :lol:

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Stray Cat
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Stray Cat » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:56 pm

Did ya shoot it or run it over?
0 x
Jeff

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:27 am

Bandit, I use to have that same model Savage. 112 FVS, 26" heavy barrel in 22-250, single shot bolt action. Superbly accurate rifle. I had a Bushnell 4-12x42mm on it. Don't recall which model tho. Should have kept that rifle. Oh well.
0 x