Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Something different to shoot

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Something different to shoot

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:06 am

My Son-in law bought this rifle and it is here for me to play with for a while. It is a whole lot different than guns I usually shoot. Made in England. It is BSA Martini-International Mk II. 22 LR. This a very heavy single shot. I guess it is a falling block design and I am not familiar at all with them. He put the Leupold scope on it to test the accuracy but he has the factory front and rear peeps with it. I would rather shoot it with the peeps and they are quality sights. When I find out what ammo it likes I am looking at shooting it with the peeps on it if he leaves it here long enough. I have never seen a rifle throw a empty casing out like this thing does. It throws them straight up and bounces them off the roof above my porch with a solid hit that makes you think twice about being over top of it when ejecting a fired round. It has a super nice trigger also and lays on bags really nice with all that weight it has. I could see Sir Henry liking to play with this rifle at the range from the bench. Here is this beast. :)
4 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Something different to shoot

Post by Catherine » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:10 pm

That is a pretty rifle!

You took a good picture of it too.

Thanks for sharing.

Cate
1 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:43 pm

Seriously looking forward to the range report on this beauty.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:26 pm

Great photo, should be archived somewhere as a file photo for that model.
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:36 pm

Looks like an all-around tank of a .22! Sharp-looking wood. Wow, I noticed the size of the trigger guard is impressive, as well.

And looking forward to your range report when using the iron sights.
Enjoy! ;)
0 x

~Пока~

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:08 am

I got to shoot this last evening. Fun rifle to shoot. Has a super nice trigger pull and lays on bags like it is welded there. The ejector is so strong it actually started to mar the finish on the Leupold scope hitting it with the empty. I am going to put something there to stop this from happening. I shot it at home at 40 yds. so I didn't have to run over to the range. I will get some 50 yd. and farther one day soon. I started out with the CCI Standards of several lot #'s and gradually moved it to get it on target as I was switching lots. All were 6 shots at each bull. I also shot Norma Tac and never cleaned between lot numbers or brands and no fouler shots. This consistency on where the groups stayed putting the first round from the 6 shots fired I would say comes from a excellent barrel. Here is a picture of the opposite side of the rifle with the lever down to open the action for loading. A little strange to me from what I am used to.
Here is the targets from last evening. The Norma tac I shot some push pins also. Some were hit on the edge and the one at the bottom I hit on the third shot with the light fading and it was a clear pin and hard to see even with the scope. A couple in the center of the target I hit the plastic pin on the edge and made the bullet tip slightly but broke the plastic off. I think it shoots well and I will play with it more later. The targets are numbered in order shot moving the adjustments between groups to get it on.
1 x

tx gunrunner
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by tx gunrunner » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:27 am

They are super guns and I loved mine . Mine came with from the factory with Parkerhale peeps and a factory wooden box and was a super offhand shooter . Mine would eject the empty brass 20 yds behind me and hurt someone if they stood behind me . :lol: :lol: :lol: I sold it when I got my 22 ballard in 1980 ... GOOD LUCK
2 x

ditchparrot
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by ditchparrot » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:37 am

I've never shot a falling block, but I'm looking forward to getting that opportunity at some point.
2 x
Henry Big Boy Rifle .357
Henry Classic .22
Henry Lever-Action .410
Henry Big Boy Revolver .357

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:30 pm

That is some fantastic groups. And yes I would love to shoot something like that. Tomorrow is my range day and I'll be taking a CZ or two.
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:29 pm

Holy Moly those are some tiny little groups. I hope someday I can get a chance to shoot one of those beauties.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)