Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

The newest Grand Finale at the range

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

The newest Grand Finale at the range

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Jan 03, 2020 11:20 am

The last GF I bought went to the range yesterday. Didn't get a real accuracy test because we wanted to shoot the KYL target more so than paper. It did shoot some fair groups but unlike my other GF rifles it didn't like RWS ammo quite as well. It liked the SK+ and the SK match ammo pretty well. I shot the SK first and should have remembered the RWS doesn't do as well when the barrel is fouled with the SK's bullet lube. It was cold and numb fingers don't do as well either. Cold weather rim fire shooting can be a challenge on rifles, ammo and shooter. Waiting for a better day to work on action screw torque changes to find the sweet spot plus get more ammo fired down this new one to break it in. The SK Match ammo shot very good and I will have to pick up another brick or two of this same lot number from my shooting partner. It put all six into one hole at 50 yds. My other CZ's like the SK ammo also. All paper shooting was at 50 yds.
We shot the KYL spinner for quite a while. Shot at 50 then moved it out to 70 yds. The 1/4" gets harder to see and hit with the increase in distance. We can still spin it quite often once you figure how much hold over is needed. Had light variable wind yesterday with rather chilly temps. The nice thing with the KYL target is the varying distances you can set it up to shoot with out needing a target board.
0 x