Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Short trip today

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Short trip today

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:40 pm

My shooting friend and I got bored with the cold weather and staying indoors and went for a ride to a couple local gun stores. Not any thing we wanted at the first shop and the second one I hadn't been in for several years. It is an automotive parts store and hardware store. It also has a big gun department now that used to be just a small department. Lots of toys in the gun department to look at and handle. Real nice young guy runs it and is a benchrest and match shooter and seems to know his stuff very well. I saw a Grand Finale on display and asked him about them stocking GF rifles when no one else does. He said they kind of got ordered by mistake by another worker that was at a big show away from here. I asked him if I could look it over and he handed it to me and it has decent wood with a very nice fit and finish. I looked at the serial number when he was away from the counter and when he returned he asked how I liked it and if I ever had seen one. He got a strange look on his face when I said my wife and I have four and one is a consecutive number to this one. He said he couldn't hardly believe that. I told him I could bring it in and show him. He asked if I wanted to buy that one and I said yes but if I did I would need to move in with my friend I am here with and his dog. :shock: :lol: He said he could give me a decent lay away time. I would only do that if I could sell a few Marlin 39A's or a couple center fire deer caliber rifles before the lay away ran out. Consecutive numbers would be nice but not really something I have to have. He said the other one he sold earlier had outstanding wood and was just beautiful.
3 x

roddy
Cowhand
Canada

Re: Short trip today

Post by roddy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:20 pm

If cross-boarder gun sales were easier to deal with, I'd be happy to help your cause, and take a 39A (and/or that little .17 HM2 you picked up a while back) off your hands.
I ordered a CZ 512 carbine a couple of years ago...the shop brought two of them in and sold one to me. The other one was gone within a couple of days. I was in the same shop about a month later, and they had brought a couple more of the same model in...there was one left, and it was sequential to the one I had at home. I had to take it...
2 x