Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Got a golden 39-A mountie

Post by Mags » Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:45 pm

Titebond type III.
Ozarkwoodswalker wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 6:23 pm
Scary moment when I first saw my 39 golden mountie. It looked nice, except the marlin bull's-eye on the bottom of the stock was gone! The lady at the gun shop that unpacked said...well it was packed and shipped in white shredded paper. She went back to the trash can she had dumped the packing in and brought it out and dumped it out on a great big table right in their showroom . Get and I went through the giant pile of white shredded paper and just when I was disparing, I found it! So now, any advice on the best way to put it back in where it will stay?? Super glue? Or???? Thanks
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:28 pm

I changed the original JM marlin hammer spur that was on it from on the left side to the right side cause I'm right handed. I have been told to drop a little locktight on it..
....cause I'm a little slow on the uptake ,..does that mean screw the Allen screw clear out and put locktight in hole then screw it in, or just drop a dab on it once it's screwed in.....
0 x

Ojaileveraction
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ojaileveraction » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:17 pm

or just drop a dab on it once it's screwed in.....
That's it.
0 x
Pax at Justitia

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:46 pm

Too late to offer you a right leg for the Mountie?
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:40 pm

I put drop on the screw threads before inserting in the hole. Loctite doesn't wick once the screw is screwed in. You can put it in the hole too before the screw, but it's easier to see how much is used when putting it on the screw.
Ozarkwoodswalker wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 2:28 pm
I changed the original JM marlin hammer spur that was on it from on the left side to the right side cause I'm right handed. I have been told to drop a little locktight on it..
....cause I'm a little slow on the uptake ,..does that mean screw the Allen screw clear out and put locktight in hole then screw it in, or just drop a dab on it once it's screwed in.....
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

Ozarkwoodswalker
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Ozarkwoodswalker » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:32 pm

Thanks!
0 x