Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My new small game rifle

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

My new small game rifle

Post by bandit1250 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:41 am

The Remington 541-S I bought has now been FFL transferred to my friend who wanted it a lot more than I did. So I decided I would order another CZ Grand Finale 452 and if it had a stock not as nice as my other one then it would be put into service as a small game rifle for the woods. Well it arrived with kind of a bland looking stock so now I will hunt with it. Got more than enough from the Remington 541-S to buy the GF and money left over to scope it. They must be selling the last of these GF rifles as now they are down to $825 shipped to your dealer of choice. I feel they are a bargain now for what you get. So my family has bought four GF's now and three were nice and my last one is a little bit of a dud on wood. Luck of the draw but this one will keep me from taking my nicer one to the woods. Have to tune the trigger and mount the scope and go see what it likes for ammo. Take some time and get to the range this week and tune this rifle up and find the right action screw torque it is happy with. Here it is and maybe not a true ugly duckling but nothing special with the wood either.
0 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: My new small game rifle

Post by bandit1250 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:08 am

Here is another picture of my Grand Finale with better lighting. It didn't post the picture with my other ones.
0 x

roddy
Cowhand
Canada

Post by roddy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:11 pm

Looks good to me. Looks don't matter in the woods, though. Sounds like you did well on the 541. How are you liking that HM2 you picked up?
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:30 pm

Bland wood or not, that's still a fine looking rifle, bandit. I'm sure you'll have it shooting up to your standards in no time.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 6:02 pm

Still looks nice. But I understand your comment. Its really tough to buy online and get one you can look at before you plunk down your hard earned cash. I know theres guys here who refuse to do it and thats fine. To each there own. But when you want a certain model alot of times there isnt a choice to buy local if your local stores dont carry what a guy wants nor are they willing to order one. Ive often asked sellers online for pictures of what there selling. If they wont send one Im not buyin. Id like to see what Im spending 1000 dollars on.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55