Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Heading to the range later

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Heading to the range later

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:08 am

I am getting things gathered up to go to the range in a little while. The winds look to be low right now after two days of 30+ mph. Going to take the 541-S Remington to try different ammo in it and a few other rifles to shoot the KYL spinner target. May get to hunt a day or so with it next week so need to try some sub sonic HPT ammo for squirrels. I put a straight 6X Leupold gloss scope on it to match the finish on the rifle and I set the parallax at 60 yds. for now but may have to lower it down some if the woods is to thick to shoot very far with all the leaves still pretty much on right now. I left the lock ring loose enough to get it off by hand in case I have to set it in the woods and then tighten it with a strap wrench after adjusting.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Heading to the range later

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:27 am

Have you had to adjust the trigger in that one? Great squirrel rifle, though. Should be a treat to carry in the woods.
0 x

roddy
Cowhand
Canada

Post by roddy » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:31 pm

Good looking pair.
0 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:42 pm

North Country Gal wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:27 am
Have you had to adjust the trigger in that one? Great squirrel rifle, though. Should be a treat to carry in the woods.
NCG, This one will adjust down lower than any of the other five 541-S rifles I have owned. Possibly had a spring change by a previous owner. It will go down to 6 oz. and still hold the sear with no slam fires. I have it set at 8 oz. now and can't get it to fire without me pulling the trigger. This rifle has fantastic trigger. I have been a Remington guy from the time I was old enough to know the differences in the brands of fire arms but I will honestly say this rifle is not in the same league as the CZ Grand Finale. I had a great offer for the 541 from a fellow today that might just be hard to turn down. I may sell this rifle and transfer it to him at my LGS as I already have an order in for another Grand Finale while they are still available. There is something special about the Grand Finale that makes it my favorite rifle in my collection and one that I will not sell as long as I can still squeeze a trigger.
0 x