Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

The battle with the Winchester

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

The battle with the Winchester

Post by bandit1250 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:16 pm

I had a really hard fight to try to get the Winchester 52 Sporter to shoot well. I WON! I put in more time than I care to admit but just couldn't let that rifle beat me. Not that I was wanting to keep it but had bad thoughts of sticking some one else with it. If it would have been a collector that don't shoot I would have told him about the below average accuracy. I put a lot of elbow grease in lapping the bore and playing with the action screw torque and it has paid off in a big way. It is pretty close in accuracy to my Grand Finale CZ but still no where as nice a rifle to handle. Along with the crazy way to get the bolt in and out it falls short of my CZ's simplicity on triggers and bolt removal. I was out a couple days ago with a friend shooting his rifle and took the 52 and a CZ Trainer. The 52 actually come out a little better that day than the Trainer in accuracy but not by very much. We shot paper then the KYL spinner target. I hit the last spinner 8 shots straight before missing the 9th shot. That spinner is a 1/4" diameter. We were shooting the target and the spinners at 50 yds. This is the Win. 52 rifle and the targets I cut from his target paper so he could write his stuff down at home. Targets are 6 shots each except the right was only five.
I also put a new 3-9x33 Freedom Leupold EFR scope on it. Scope works really well and like it a lot.
4 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: The battle with the Winchester

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:03 pm

Now give it to the wife Bandit and let her show you how to shoot that gun :lol:
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55