Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Making progress

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Making progress

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:59 am

I am not having the trouble with this Ruger 10/22 as much as I had with the Wincester 52 Sporter and I stayed with the Win. 52 it until I got it to shoot pretty well and close to my CZ's. So I will continue on with the Ruger to. The Ruger trigger lets a lot to be desired but can be improved(and also ruined :shock: :lol: ) but I now have extra parts to play with. Did some more stoning and polishing and came from mid 5 lb range down now to 2 lb 6 oz and breaks like glass. I believe now I can possibly get 2 lb even. I also put a click ink pen spring in it clipped off and reverse placement of the plunger. Real good positive click back to the return position on the trigger to sear so it should be good to go if everything holds on the bump test. I shot it last evening before more work on the extra trigger so it was not in the rifle at that time. The one in the rifle last evening was pulling 3 1/2 lb. I shot three different ammo brands it has done well with so far. Here is the modified trigger. 2 lb 6 oz. You can see the reversed ink pen spring in the rear of the trigger. Next I may drill and tap the trigger for a stop screw.
First on the target was CCI Pistol match on the right. Only shot five and the first from the barrel was low left. Then left to another bull with six rounds to finish off that box of RWS Pistol target ammo that it has liked since day one. All six well centered in the center of the bull. Then loaded six in the mag and shot one in the top center of the target and shot at the hole by putting the hole in the intersection of the horizontal/vertical part of the reticle. This usually works well with low powered scopes so you can still see your target and not block it out with the reticle. I was using a 4X scope. Geco semi-auto five in a ragged hole. Then it was push pin shooting time at the bottom. 5 for six shots with the RWS ammo. Now I will try the trigger as soon as I get time. Have to install a Kidd trigger for a friend right now and then honey do projects later for my wife. We celebrated our 38th anniversary Wednesday. A lot of years for someone only 57 to be married to the same guy that every one said it wouldn't work. :D Here is the target. All shot at 38 yds.
3 x

roddy
Cowhand
Canada

Re: Making progress

Post by roddy » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:09 am

Good work again, and congrats on the anniversary.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:18 am

interesting use of a ballpoint spring .... is this the first time you have incorporated one your repairs/upgrades
0 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:52 am

Congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary, Bandit. May you enjoy many more.
bandit1250 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:59 am
We celebrated our 38th anniversary Wednesday. A lot of years for someone only 57 to be married to the same guy that every one said it wouldn't work. :D
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

Mags
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Mags » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:54 am

Likewise, Congrats!
CT_Shooter wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:52 am
Congratulations on your Wedding Anniversary, Bandit. May you enjoy many more.
bandit1250 wrote:
We celebrated our 38th anniversary Wednesday. A lot of years for someone only 57 to be married to the same guy that every one said it wouldn't work. :D
0 x
UPDATES: OR passes 114, "one of strictest gun control measures in U.S." https://henryrifleforums.com/viewtopic. ... 34#p213234

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:33 pm

Wonderful news on the anniversary. So happy for you both.
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:32 pm

bandit1250 wrote:
... then honey do projects later for my wife. We celebrated our 38th anniversary Wednesday. A lot of years for someone only 57 to be married to the same guy that every one said it wouldn't work. :D
Sincere CONGRATS on those lots of years, Bandit.
Wish you two many, many more happy years ahead :!: :D :!:
1 x

~Пока~