Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Marlin 25N

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Marlin 25N

Post by bandit1250 » Mon May 23, 2016 6:45 am

A friend was getting rid of a few rifles he doesn't use any more. He had one that he had taken to a pawn shop to sell and they didn't want to give him hardly any thing for it. They made him a little mad about dealing with pawn shops. He asked me if I wanted it and I said "Not really". He asked if I wanted to see it and said it was in decent shape. He brought it out and it really was a decent rifle. I asked him what he had to have for it and he said "Make an offer". I said "It is your gun you know what you want for it". He thought about it and then said "Give me a brick of that Norma Tac 22 and you can have it". I said "It is worth more than that but he said that was what he wanted it was more than the pawn shop offered. So I got it and it needed the crown touched up a little so I gave it the brass screw and lapping compound treatment. I put a 2-7 Leupold on it and it shot very well at 33yds. I am going to clean it up and fit the butt plate on better and take it to the show this week end and maybe a kids Dad will be looking for a cheap 22 for his kids and he can get this one. Here it is and the two extra magazines with it that are new.
3 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Marlin 25N

Post by PT7 » Mon May 23, 2016 7:58 am

As usual, the first thing to catch my eye is the really, really nice stock wood on your rifle.
And Wow! --- at the cost of a brick of .22 ammo!! 8-)
2 x

~Пока~

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon May 23, 2016 11:00 am

PT7 wrote:As usual, the first thing to catch my eye is the really, really nice stock wood on your rifle.
And Wow! --- at the cost of a brick of .22 ammo!! 8-)
ditto
2 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Mon May 23, 2016 7:51 pm

Congrats!

Cate
1 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Mon May 23, 2016 8:43 pm

I need to hang around with you to see if whatever you have is contagious.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Mon May 23, 2016 9:30 pm

I have one of those, very accurate little rifles.
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:03 am

I had one years ago, let it slip through my fingers in 2009, doesn't really matter how...........

But yeah, even with me shooting, that was a great shooting gun, my first Marlin.

But I was thinking, that back then I did A LOT of offhand shooting, mostly plinking and much squirrel hunting.

I have discovered that I'm not nearly as good as I was back then, cause there's no place to go plinking any more, and as a result my offhand shooting really suffers. I'm just not that much of a range guy.

But anyway, I took more squirrels with that model 25 than any other gun. It had a 6X40, forget the brand.

A tac/nail driver in my hands, I don't even want to think what bandit could do with it..........

Edit to add: Also, mine had a very plain birch stock, hardly any grain. This one almost looks like walnut, at least back by the butt plate.
1 x

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Tue May 24, 2016 7:43 am

I put a 3-9x32 older Japanese made scope on the rifle and a nice medium set of rings and sold it to a guy who needed a 22. I surely didn't need to have another 22 with what my wife and I already have. Worked out good with my friend getting a brick of Norma Tac and this fellow getting a nice cheap 22. I sold it for a $100 and that put me just about right at what I had in the ammo I traded and the scope and rings. Every body's happy and I have a extra $100 to take to the Gettysburg show Saturday. If everything goes well I will get to meet one of our popular members Saturday at the show. Looking forward to that.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Tue May 24, 2016 11:50 am

I bet you come home with another rifle.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater