Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Uberti Silverboy .22 Scope Mount

Danwin22
Cowhand
United States of America

Uberti Silverboy .22 Scope Mount

Post by Danwin22 » Tue May 17, 2016 8:19 pm

Here is a shot of the Weaver type scope mount that comes with the Uberti Silverboy .22. I wanted guys considering this gun to see the solid set up.
I had a 4 x 32 silver Simmons scope on hand for a future Henry H001-T project so I borrowed it for the Uberti.

Everything in this picture is loosely fitted before final adjustments. The mount is just laying on the receiver, not screwed in yet because there are some other pictures I have to take, minus the scope, before finalizing the scope mounting.

The scope rings are silver colored Millet and were the only choice I could come up with at Gander Mountain or Academy.

I have a Grovetec Hammer Extension (GTHM-284) on hand for my future Henry but it won't fit the thicker Uberti Hammer. Looking at their website, I don't see a Hammer Extension listed for the Uberti. There is probably another one that will fit but I don't have access to any to try out.

Since this rifle will be used most of the time in the 25 to 50 yard range I can't see buying the most expensive scope and rings. Once I find a suitable hammer extension and the proper eye relief distance I may be able to choose a lower set of mounts.
Last edited by Danwin22 on Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
USAF 1958-62, NRA Member, CWP

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Uberti Silverboy .22 Scope Mount

Post by Sir Henry » Sun May 22, 2016 7:37 pm

Nice setup. Not sure how I missed this thread till now. Actually I thought I had posted in it. Now where did I put my teeth? :ugeek:
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Sun May 22, 2016 9:00 pm

Love that shiny receiver, I had a hard time walking away from the Silverboy in Gander Mountain.
0 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon May 23, 2016 10:51 am

I saw one a few years ago and the finish had a few blems in it so I passed.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater