Re: 22 Rifles

Post by dddrees » Fri May 10, 2019 12:42 am

bandit1250 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 3:25 pm
dddrees wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:52 am
bandit1250 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 7:05 am
Here is my Remington bolt action 22 rifles. The oldest one is a Model 34 made in 1933 and the newest is a 582 made in 1978. I keep saying I need to sell off some of these but it is like parting with a friend. :shock: I need to think about it a little more. :)

WOW!!!

So I have to ask what appealed to you or made you choose to collect so many Remington Bolt Action 22 Rifles?

I grew up Remington and Winchester 22's. Liked the Remington's better because they were more affordable and shot as well and most of the time better than the Winchesters in what we had at the time. Dad later switched to the Remington 513T but usually had a 69A some where near by. Dad loved the 513T and always carried one for squirrel season. I still have his with me. Then my wife and I got bit by the collecting bug and bought to many. We did buy them just before the prices started to climb up to where they are now. Things got out of hand with our 22 rifle buying. Care to see some CZ's of hers and mine? We added another second Trainer to this picture and a second Scout and also the newest is the Grand Finale. All are 452's except the CZ 513 Basic(Farmer).Image All are 22's except the 22 Mag FS and the 17 HMR FS.

Actually when doing my research with regards to which 22 Pump Rifle to go with I choose the Remington 121 basically for the very same reasons. In fact that's kind of why I asked because I have yet to do any research with regards to bolt guns but I wondered if that might be the case.

You have an extremely impressive collection. Mine is nowhere near as nice but I certainly get the desire to own and shoot 22 rifles and handguns.

Thanks for sharing,

Dan
2 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Fri May 10, 2019 11:02 am

bandit1250 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:54 pm
NCG, With being able to shoot from my porch I shoot maybe 2/3 of them every year. I shoot some rounds through them and then clean and lightly oil them and put the least used ones in the rear of the safes. I am like you or any one we still have favorites that are our go to guns when time is limited and you know what that gun will do and usually no messing around with them when time is short. I never fire any of the rim fire magnums from my porch and never any center fires. They go to the range. I have no safe queens that remain unfired. I shoot them whether they are limited editions or not. I am going to enjoy my wife's and my rifles while I am still able to shoot and have fun with them. That doesn't mean none of these won't be sold in the near future. I am 70 now and getting to where they need to be thinned down.
Couldn't have said it better, myself. Thank-you.
1 x

steelersfan97
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by steelersfan97 » Sat May 11, 2019 9:22 pm

bandit1250 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 8:54 pm
NCG, With being able to shoot from my porch I shoot maybe 2/3 of them every year. I shoot some rounds through them and then clean and lightly oil them and put the least used ones in the rear of the safes. I am like you or any one we still have favorites that are our go to guns when time is limited and you know what that gun will do and usually no messing around with them when time is short. I never fire any of the rim fire magnums from my porch and never any center fires. They go to the range. I have no safe queens that remain unfired. I shoot them whether they are limited editions or not. I am going to enjoy my wife's and my rifles while I am still able to shoot and have fun with them. That doesn't mean none of these won't be sold in the near future. I am 70 now and getting to where they need to be thinned down.

If you are ever in the mood to thin that collection, I hope you will keep the members of the Henry rifle forum in mind. I am sure many of us would love the opportunity to purchase one of the rifles in your collection.
1 x
H006M, H015-223