Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Stocks

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Stocks

Post by bandit1250 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:48 pm

I got back into the corner of the basement where I have extra stocks hanging up out of my way. All of them will fit 700 Remington action rifles even though they are 40-X Remington factory stocks. I had one I forgot about and I may strip the paint off to see how the wood is underneath. It has a real rough textured paint on it now. One the picture take notice to the second stock from the left. See the difference? This one is a rare left hand factory 40-X Kevlar stock made by McMillan. Super light and maybe one of the best stocks out there. This is a stock that would be in the $500 range or more. I need to cut the bolt handle slot on the right side and ejection port opening also. Then I have to fill the bolt handle slot and the ejection opening on the left with Duraglas body filler and repaint. I don't think I will sand the left side cheek piece off as it won't bother me being a right hand shooter most of the time. Here is the 40-X stocks along with the one I am refinishing on the right. 4 coats of finish on that one now. The Bench Rest factory 40-X stock is at least an inch shorter than the 40-X Range Master stocks.
3 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Stocks

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:39 am

That kevlar stock is indeed an expensive and excellent stock. Will the lack of a cheekpiece on the left side bother you with your shooting?
0 x