Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

new stock for a 39A Marlin

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

new stock for a 39A Marlin

Post by bandit1250 » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:39 am

I am working on a NOS Marlin 1897 Century Limited stock I bought about 2 years ago to dress up a older Marlin 39A. I want to upgrade the look of the 39A with better looking wood grain and the checkered wood and going to make it gloss finish because all my other ones are satin finish. The shiny tru-oil finish is really bringing the nice grain out and soon I will have to decide which one this wood will be fitted to. I have another one of these stock sets that has better wood than this one but I want this on one I will hunt with and shoot more than the one that may get the prettier stock. The fore arm will be replaced with the Century Limited fore arm along with the stock. Needs several more coats of finish and some curing time to see how much shrinkage the finish has and then possibly add another coat or two. Like to have it finished and fitted to a rifle by spring when the weather gets nice again to shoot more than right now with the cold and wind. Here it is up to this point at 4-5 coats of finish.
2 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: new stock for a 39A Marlin

Post by ESquared » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:53 am

Great work, Bandit! Very nice, love the two-tone, but how did you get there? Need a close-up of that forearm! Can't wait to see the finished work!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Re: new stock for a 39A Marlin

Post by Vaquero » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:58 am

Lookin good Bandit.

RP
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012