Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Found some trigger parts

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Found some trigger parts

Post by bandit1250 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:07 pm

I found enough trigger parts from different places to put together three of the old style Remington 700 triggers. I don't like the later Pro-X trigger or what ever name they call it. I have never had an issue with the old triggers and most of the issues you hear about is some one threw the safety off with their finger on the trigger or some body adjusted the screw in the back(sear engagement) and put the sear so far out it had nothing there to hold it. When you have the sear that far out and squeeze the trigger by mistake with the safety on and there is ANY movement at the sear it will fire when you push the safety off. I have owned more 700's than I care to put a number on and never had a trigger not work the way it should. So any way I got two taken all the way apart and cleaned and polished all the moving parts and the inside of the housing all smoothed up for the sear to move free like it should and not drag any where in the housing. Had to drill out the sear hole on one housing and thread the hole for a bigger size screw because of the damage to the threads and the hole. One more to put together then if I end up with a 700 with the Pro-X trigger I can swap it out with one of mine. Better to have a few ready in case I need one. Here is the parts of a older 700 trigger ready to clean up and polish and then put it back together.
2 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Found some trigger parts

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:01 pm

Good for you. I've been known to pick up spare parts for older guns when I can find them, too. Have a couple of original Contender trigger assemblies I found at gun shows and the like.
1 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Found some trigger parts

Post by JEBar » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:14 pm

bandit1250 wrote:I found enough trigger parts from different places to put together three of the old style Remington 700 triggers. I don't like the later Pro-X trigger or what ever name they call it. I have never had an issue with the old triggers
I agree .... as does the gunsmith who I trust to work on our family's firearms ..... when all of the hubbub broke I took both of our 700's tried to make them fail .... I couldn't make them do so ....
1 x