Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Seasonal change to my safe

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Seasonal change to my safe

Post by bandit1250 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:14 pm

I move my guns around to what will be needed up front and easy to get out. Hunting rifles and shot guns are now up front for easy in and out and the paper punchers are moved farther back. My hunting rim fires are up front and a couple center fire rifles in 222 and 223 for turkey season and predator season. While in the safe a lot of my rifles are in socks that I don't want scratched. One I got out today was not tagged on the sock and I was trying to think which gun it was because of the heavy weight. It was a 513T Remington my Dad left me that is in exceptionally nice condition. It only has a Tasco(Japan) 4X40 scope on it right now. I took a 3-9 Leupold that I had set the parallax for rim fire distance off and set the parallax back for a center fire and put it on my wife's CZ FS 222 Remington. That is the nice thing about setting your own parallax. About a 5-10 minute job. This 513T has the bases glued on so they can be removed with a little heat. I have the peep sights for it also. This is a good shooting 22 and was built in 1956.
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Seasonal change to my safe

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:24 pm

I remember the 513. When I was in 8th grade and in Junior Rifle Club, learning the basics, the club used 513s with peep sights to train us kids, but one of my classmates came from a wealthier family and had his own. Can't begin to estimate how many thousands and thousands of rounds those club rifles saw.

Several of my classmates were in the same class, all boys. I remember my instructor always scolding them, because they were not the best students and a bit lazy about their shooting lessons. He liked me, though, because I listened and took my shooting very seriously, same as I do, to this day. He was really a great teacher for me. Great memories.
2 x