Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

My little turkey getter

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

My little turkey getter

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:06 pm

I post a good bit about my fall turkey rifle and talk about the success I have had with it over the years. I have killed more fall gobblers with it than any other rifle I own. This rifle is light to carry and is accurate from a 1/2"-3/4" at 100 yds. and that covers hunting turkeys and other fall small game quite well. I have a Leupold scope in my safe to put on it but I keep leaving the Nikon 3-9 on it because it works so well and holds it zero from year to year. The stock has been shortened 3/4" from the way to long 14 1/4" typical of Sako and Tikka. If it don't fit what good is it. My little Sako Hunter in 222 Remington has been my fall hunting rifle for quite a while now. I like carrying it because I also have a fur bearer licence. Here is a picture of it and it looks like it is ready to go out after turkeys next week. Not to shabby on wood especially for a Sako.
1 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: My little turkey getter

Post by ESquared » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:16 pm

That'a a beauty! Could never tell the stock had been shortened, that's for sure and you're right, the wood is great. Look forward to hearing about the gobblers!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357