Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Lever Gun History

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Lever Gun History

Post by Lyman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 3:51 am

I thought I had seen every Hickok 45 video but I ran across this tonight. Great topic of Lever Guns. Hope you enjoy it.
https://youtu.be/1T7zZ_D8nqI
2 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Re: Lever Gun History

Post by Les » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:44 am

Great video, Lyman - many thanks for posting it. ;)

Some of the other vids on the same link were very interesting, too, especially the handgun load comparison and the underwater vid.
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:07 am

Did enjoy the vid...thanks for posting, Lyman.

Interesting that there was the Henry displayed alongside all those Winchesters. ;) I remember the solo video Hickok45 did when he first got his 1860 Henry --- he was so excited and couldn't say enough on how much he liked it! Also interesting to see displayed mostly side-loaders. Gave me a good idea how long that loading system has been around. Hickok's "rifle evolution" approach was very cool. 8-)

Wow, what a collection of lever-action rifles! It would be some kind of fun to shoot them on that range of his.
1 x

~Пока~

Lyman
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Lyman » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:58 pm

PT7, Yes he had to include the Henry. All part of the History. I agree with you. That was a very nice collection of Lever Guns and would be something else to be able to shoot them all.
0 x
NRA & 2nd Amendment Supporter. Lyman is my middle name.

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Good video, thanks. I always enjoy his video's, even if he does tend to be a little long winded. :)
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

Redthies
Cowboy
Canada

Post by Redthies » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:22 am

PT7 wrote:Wow, what a collection of lever-action rifles! It would be some kind of fun to shoot them on that range of his.
When I go pick up my new .357 BBS I’m going to have to ask my friend who owns the shop if I can get an invite back to his dads house to see his vault again. Last time I was there (almost 20 years ago, he had a 10x10 room with double height rows around all four walls lined with about 90% old lever guns. There were literally hundreds of them. I guess you get to cherry pick lot of cool guns when you own a shop in the big city that’s been open over 60 years. My gun knowledge is a lot better now than it was then, and I’d love a chance to see some of the gems.
3 x
SGC .22 LR Stripped and oiled up
BBSC .357 w Skinner Express & Patridge
BBSC .44 Magnum with Skinners
Marlin 1895GS .45-70 w RPP Cloverleaf
Marlin 336BL .30-30 w Skinner LoPro 2 and Sig 2-7x
1912 Winchester 1894 .30 WCF

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Sun May 19, 2019 8:57 am

Just Luv this video. I have probably viewed this thing more than I can count on both hands. This video although it's not the only reason it most certainly has played a big part in my obsession and reason for acquiring the lever guns I currently own. I should have my latest which is a Winchester 1892 Takedown in a couple more weeks.
1 x