Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

CZ 527 FS 222 Remington

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

CZ 527 FS 222 Remington

Post by bandit1250 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:42 am

Looks like CZ released some 527 Mannlicher 222 Remington models. Some distributors have a couple in stock but most show out of stock. I had my dealer check Bud's and they had I believe seven so I had him order me one. Five to seven days delivery. At this time I have made up my mind that when I buy another rifle I am going to trade one off so the herd doesn't keep getting bigger. I will part with the Tikka T3 223 to make a space for the CZ this time around. I like the size and weight of the 527 in the full stock model and it should make a nice fall small game and turkey rifle with the reduced loads I have used for years in the 222. I keep the velocity right around 2450 fps and does not damage to much meat on the game in the fall season. Not sure this will be able to make me leave Dad's Sako Hunter model in 222 at home in turkey season. The little light weight Sako has filled my turkey tag every Fall since my Dad gave it to me about 20 years ago and many have been nice gobblers. Might be nice to have a light weight 222 with a detachable magazine for a change from the floor plate Sako. Have to work up a load for this new one as Fall hunting season is coming fast this year. Maybe scope it with a older 2-7 Leupold that is on the shelf waiting to be used on a light rifle.
2 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: CZ 527 FS 222 Remington

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:39 am

bandit, I had a 527 FS in 223 and should have kept it. Also had a 550FS in 6.5 Swede. Both were very accurate and a delight to handle. My only complaint about the centerfire FS CZ versions and the reason I no longer shoot them, is that they heat up, fast, and cool down, slowly, when shooting at the range. That full length stock acts like a heat trap. Not ideal for a long range session. An American or Varmint suits our needs, better, since we are just paper punchers, now. For your hunting, though, not going to be much of a factor. Be sure to post when your FS comes in and let us know how it shoots.
1 x