Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Ruger PC Carbine Anyone Got One?

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: Ruger PC Carbine Anyone Got One?

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:29 pm

Nice job Mistered. Now you got me thinkin. I wonder what kind of accuracy it would have with some of that steel case 9mm ammo they sell cheap? The plated you were using were they from Berrys?
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:39 pm

Couldn't tell ya on the steel cased stuff but I would not gauge the accuracy of ANY gun using just it.
The plated I was using were HSMs which I buy locally and it shot those the best. I was also using some NOS Speer 125 gr. JRN I have had 1000s of but it did not like those as well (but they are now gone as of today). I also had about 20 hard cast LRN it did not shoot well at all.
I am going to pick up a box of Hornady 115 gr XTP HPs and load my next with those to see what it does with REALLY good bullets but I ain't complaining about the plated I shot today and I suspect it would shoot Berry's just as well.
0 x

roddy
Cowhand
Canada

Post by roddy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:53 pm

Mistered: thanks for the info/review/range report...makes it even more tempting. I want one, but am holding out for a bit longer, in hope for one with some wood on it.
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:16 pm

but am holding out for a bit longer, in hope for one with some wood on it.
I hear ya but I highly doubt Ruger will be making them anytime soon with wood. With as fast as they are flying off the shelves as is I doubt they have any plans on a wood stock version and 'word on the street' is an aftermarket mfg. might be making a stock set for them.
As far as other stuff accessories are starting to show up for them fairly quickly. I foresee a pistol grip AR style stock soon.
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:54 pm

Another thing I discovered tonight is the PCC has a fairly long chamber. I put a 124 gr bullet in a case and pushed it into the chamber till it bottomed out, removed it and measured the length - 1.280 - this will help by being able to seat the bullet out farther to make room for powder which with 115 grain bullets will use 6 grains of Unique which just about fills the case. The downside is I will not be able to shoot them in my CZ 75 as they will be too long for the CZs known, short chamber.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:00 pm

Ordered a PC yesterday from local gun club should be in soon. There is some around but all the big box stores sell them with those phony 10 round magazines. I see Mistered you like the CZ 75 also I have one in a stainless 9mm and the nickel 40. Love both of them. Only double action semi autos I can shoot worth a darn.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:40 pm

I see Mistered you like the CZ 75 also
Yep - It rides my hip daily - sometimes to work but we are a Pro 2A company so guns are NOT an issue!
0 x