Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Mossberg 46B

Rustbelt
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Mossberg 46B

Post by Rustbelt » Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:12 pm

My Mossberg 46B bolt actin .22 LR.
19 years ago i traded an outdated PC to a friend for it. As neglected as it was, after cleaning years of crud off of it, it turns out to be a nearly complete rifle. The only thing missing is the safety dots.
Looking on the Internet, the most common parts lost are the safety dots, the spring for the adjustable trigger, and the peep sight.
It's a tube magazine that holds 20 LR.
The plan was to go to camp and fire my 45-70 for the 1st time so I got the Mossberg out. I stripped it down and made sure everything was still in good working order so I could take it along.
The rain won't stop so here we are. Guns are ready but the weather is unwilling.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Mossberg 46B

Post by PT7 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:02 pm

I'm ready to learn something new today --> "The only thing missing is the safety dots."
What are the safety dots on your rifle? Never heard of that before, or maybe missed what they are/do.

BTW, nice rifle pictures, especially for a 19-year-old Mossberg that was once covered in crud. ;)
Enjoy your camping & range time when the rain finally goes away.
1 x

~Пока~

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:12 pm

PT7 wrote:I'm ready to learn something new today --> "The only thing missing is the safety dots."
What are the safety dots on your rifle? Never heard of that before, or maybe missed what they are/do.
Yes, me too. Good job on the clean up. Looks nice.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Rustbelt
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Rustbelt » Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:28 pm

PT7 wrote: What are the safety dots on your rifle? Never heard of that before, or maybe missed what they are/do.
The safety is under the rear part of the bolt. Under that there are 2 holes that originally held a red and green dot. I've only seen 2 other 46B's and they didn't have the dots either.
And thank you. I am really lucky to have come across this rifle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:15 pm

Those are such great 22s and very much ignored by so many rimfire fans. Big mistake. I had a 46B, back in the day that would shoot groups with any rimfire I've ever owned.
1 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:19 pm

Rustbelt wrote:
PT7 wrote: What are the safety dots on your rifle? Never heard of that before, or maybe missed what they are/do.
The safety is under the rear part of the bolt. Under that there are 2 holes that originally held a red and green dot. I've only seen 2 other 46B's and they didn't have the dots either.
And thank you. I am really lucky to have come across this rifle.
Oh. Okay. Thanks. That does make sense. It seems like a decent substitute may be used. Maybe, a stained wooden peg of type?
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

Rustbelt
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by Rustbelt » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:02 pm

GFK wrote:
Rustbelt wrote:
PT7 wrote: It seems like a decent substitute may be used. Maybe, a stained wooden peg of type?
I will use something. I let the kids use it on occasion and any opportunity to improve safety should not be missed.
1 x