Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

It has been a great day

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

It has been a great day

Post by bandit1250 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:30 pm

My friend that owed me money for two Leupold scopes finally coughed up the full amount he owed me. So the over night 4"s of snow melted off the roads pretty fast so I decided to go pick up the CZ 455 on lay away. Took all the money along just in case there was a old corn cob Remington 870 that looked lonesome in the used rack. I went in and they were short handed and quite busy with hand gun buyers so I went to the used rack. Soon as I got to the rack I saw the schnabel fore end of a CZ. I thought before I picked it up I don't need another CZ Trainer. As soon as I picked up it up I knew I had hit the jack pot. CZ 452 Lux in 22 LR. Same rifle as a Trainer but walnut stock. Has some very nice grain in the butt stock area. This one looked in exceptional condition and I checked the date and it was a '02 built rifle. So I went to pick up a 455 and found this 452 Lux so now what? Well do what most these folks on the different forums I belong to always say "Get both of them."
Well my scope money I got today was short lived but this Lux is the only 452 Lux I have ever personally seen. Only others were in books or on the internet. It is free of any marks on wood or metal and the best part it was marked at $279. I am not sure they knew it was a Lux because after I did the paper work for the two rifles and paid the bill they kept calling it a Trainer. I test fired both into a log in the coal room and they both functioned as they should. I am as happy as a pig in-- :shock: :D Well you get the idea. ;)
7 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: It has been a great day

Post by JEBar » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:43 pm

congrats indeed .... I've never knowingly had a hand on any CZ product so I have no clue whatsoever about most all of the technical info you gave .... what I do know is, its great to hear someone who is well versed in a given product find something that makes him happy .... looking forward to your coming range and use reports
2 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:44 pm

Congrats on the find!
1 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:53 pm

I need to find a way to follow you and NCG around. You both seem to attract incredible rifles and bring them home at great prices.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:15 pm

What a life nothing to do but run around hunting deals in Gun Stores. Am I jealous :mrgreen:

I have a CZ 762X39 with a scope on it a real close friend gave me. Has a set trigger in it. It is one fine rifle and it has some awesome wood on it. Al
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:12 pm

I'm afraid I have to agree with JEBar's comments, Bandit. I know almost zip about CZ rifles. You and NCG and others have been like an encyclopedia on various firearms. Congrats on your find. :)

Looking forward to some photos. Always enjoy looking especially at beautiful wood on rifles.
Take care.
PT7
1 x

~Пока~

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:01 am

Congratulations, Bandit .... that is definitely what I would call a very good day's shopping trip! ;) :lol:
1 x