Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

LGS visit today

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

LGS visit today

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:13 pm

I went to my local gun shop today to see what was new on the used rack. Not a whole lot but a couple different ones had come in this week. A guy brought in a Kimber Pro Varmint/laminated stock and fluted barrel in all stainless 223. I really didn't have much interest in it. Then he showed me another rifle the same guy brought in with the Kimber. It was a CZ 455 Varmint with only a few shots down the tube. It had a Hawke 4-12x40 AO Air Max scope with a nice set of rings on it. He said the guy is supposed to bring in a spare magazine on his next time in the shop. I had a couple 455's before and never liked them nearly as well as my 452's and let them go to a new home. When I turned the tag over and it said $319 with the scope and box and papers and maybe an extra magazine I thought I can probably take a chance on this one. The dealer knows me well and said if I couldn't get it now I could put it on layaway for as long as I needed. So I put it on layaway. The scope adjusts down to 10 yds. so it should be good for rim fire shooting. It had very clear optics. The scope was priced on the box at $189. Seemed like a really fair price for the complete package. I have been thinking if I ever found a deal on a 455 I would buy it and try a aftermarket barrel on one to see how that combination may shoot. Seems as though the 455 is more action screws torque sensitive than a 452 so may have to play that game to get good accuracy. Time will tell after bringing it home and shooting it. I may have it by the end of April or early May and the weather may be a little more stable by then for enjoyable shooting and not so cold and windy.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: LGS visit today

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:55 pm

Good find. 455s can be great shooters, but you never know till you shoot them. When that one comes home, let us know how it shoots. That's a great price for the gun plus scope. I would have a hard time passing it up, too. :)
1 x