Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Favorite rifle in terms of hours shooting.

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Favorite rifle in terms of hours shooting.

Post by Henry88 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:44 am

North Country Gal wrote:I'm expecting that most will post their cartridge, powder burning rifles, not air rifles. Not too many crazy air rifle shooters like me, around. So, which Henry do you use the most?

RR, uh, wild guess would be your 1860 in 45 Colt. Crazy me, don't know where I got that idea. :)
Yeah NCG, don't know who else may be listening, but shooting a springer is a whole different deal. I've wanted to do a range report on mine, but it's so damn tempermental.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:42 am

Yes, shooting a springer is different. Once you accept that fact and start adjusting your technique, accordingly, it becomes second nature. Can sometimes be a long road to get there, however, so be patient and don't give up. Be glad to help. Just holler.
0 x

NoFlyZone
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by NoFlyZone » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:57 am

I have a scoped HW50s. I'm not that good with it, but I haven't shot it a lot. It is a really fun gun to shoot. Maybe one of my goals for 2018 is to shoot it more. :)
Dale - AZ
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:25 pm

What a great idea for a thread! I'm going to show three.

The top one is the most I've shot in the last year. I haven't been shooting much in 2017 but when I did it was in the backyard with the Red Ryder.

In 2016 The Henry Small Game Carbine got to the range the most. Here it is wearing a front Lyman Globe, a receiver mounted Skinner sight base and a Steven's 3-hole peep, a custom large loop and a youth stock. The receiver cover also has my vintage finish on it. Joanie this is the rifle you saw.

For several years before that the Henry Classic got the most rounds fired, most times to the range, and the most fondling at home. This is a Brooklyn, N.Y. made rifle and I bought it in 1999. It was my first Henry and currently wears a vintage El Paso made Weaver V-22A scope. It has north of 50,000 rounds fired through it.
DSCN6252.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:11 pm

Thanks for the nice comment, Gene. I've been enjoying the heck out of seeing what our folks are shooting.

Do understand about the BB gun and 2017 for you. Glad it was there for you.

As for those two Henrys, LOVE them. The one you showed me looked like it just stepped out of the Old West in the old days. I think Henry would sell a lot more of these rimfires if they made a factory version of what you did. Certainly can't be that costly to offer more of antiqued look receiver cover.
0 x

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Post by Les » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:31 pm

My favorite air rifle(s) would be my HW97K's - one in .22 and one in .177.

Favorite/most used powder burner would be my CZ455 varmint, but the rifles that I really enjoy shooting are my two Henry's - a H001T and a H003T.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Dec 25, 2017 1:38 pm

North Country Gal wrote:Thanks for the nice comment, Gene. I've been enjoying the heck out of seeing what our folks are shooting.

Do understand about the BB gun and 2017 for you. Glad it was there for you.

As for those two Henrys, LOVE them. The one you showed me looked like it just stepped out of the Old West in the old days. I think Henry would sell a lot more of these rimfires if they made a factory version of what you did. Certainly can't be that costly to offer more of antiqued look receiver cover.
I think the Henry rimfire rifles will become the 10/22 of lever actions and wouldn't be surprised if several aftermarket companies start offering products for the H001 series. The large loop on the SGC is just the beginning.

My interest in art and decor is Industrial Steampunk and in particular Weird West. I may start a separate thread on it.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:36 pm

Les, we have Air Arms and HW under levers, but the ones I definitely shoot the most are the HWs, especially the 97K. It would easily make it in the top 5 on my most used guns. Not as fancy as the Air Arms, but just somehow more user friendly for me.

Gene, I'd enjoy that thread. Not even sure what Steampunk is or Weird West, either. Be a chance for me to learn something, new.
0 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:43 pm

IMG_0736.JPG

Ok Im gonna copy Gene then and add my three. 41mag, H001T and the Marlin in 38-55. NCG you could but 3 Henry 41 mags for the price those Marlin 41 mags are going for. Al
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

roddy
Cowhand
Canada

Post by roddy » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:34 am

Without a doubt, the Timber Wolf. Good thing I have 2...after trying one, my wife isn't even interested in picking up her 10/22 any more.
0 x