Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Favorite rifle in terms of hours shooting.

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Re: Favorite rifle in terms of hours shooting.

Post by Les » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:09 am

North Country Gal wrote:Les, we have Air Arms and HW under levers, but the ones I definitely shoot the most are the HWs, especially the 97K. It would easily make it in the top 5 on my most used guns. Not as fancy as the Air Arms, but just somehow more user friendly for me.
I had a Air Arms TX200HC MkIII - briefly - but it just didn't feel right to me. It was a similar weight to my 97's, and the accuracy was about on a par, but it just didn't make the grade. I would say that the quality of the finish on the AA was in a class of its own, though. I have rarely seen such deep bluing on any firearm or airgun, and the fish-scale 'checkering' was superb.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Dec 26, 2017 10:32 am

We have all three of the AA springer models. The HC and the Prosport are doable for me as offhand shooters. The big standard TX200 is only barely. Was shooting the big TX, last night offhand, and all that weight up forward wore me out in short order. All the AAs are beautiful guns, but I do prefer the slimmer and more traditional stock profiles of the HWs. The stock dimensions on the AAs feel almost exaggerated, kind of an air rifle version of those old Weatherby rifles. Will never sell any of the Air Arms springers, but none of them would make it even close to my top five most used guns list. HWs, on the other hand, would be well represented.
0 x

Twotone
Cowhand
Great Britain

Post by Twotone » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:12 pm

Marlin 39. Love my 94 but for hours of fun shooting the Marlin would edge it. I stupidly got rid of my air rifles , miss being able to shoot in the garden, probably end up buying an old springer for back yard fun.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:41 pm

For sure, a Marlin 39 ranks very high on my "shoot most often" list. Have sent a lot of lead down range with a 39 in my time.
0 x