Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A rifle for Evelyn: CZ 452 ZKM Scout

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

A rifle for Evelyn: CZ 452 ZKM Scout

Post by Sir Henry » Sat Dec 23, 2017 9:18 pm

I took Evelyn shooting once and she liked it. She is petite and needs a rifle that fits her. I already have a CZ Scout and took the vintage Weaver V-22A scope off and put a modern Nikon P-Rimfire on it. In the past I've not had much luck with accuracy with this rifle but think it might be the scope. If it doesn't shoot straight I might pull the Scout stock off of it and put it on a CZ American in .22LR.

Here she is shooting a Henry with a Youth stock on it. The CZ Scout stock gives her about a quarter inch less length of pull.
DSCN5713.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: A rifle for Evelyn: CZ 452 ZKM Scout

Post by North Country Gal » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:05 pm

The way she's positioned on that stock is fine. Notice where she is getting a cheek weld, even with that winter coat she's wearing. By all means, let her try the Scout, but go with what she thinks fits her. If you go too short on length of pull, she may have have a problem getting enough eye relief with the Nikon. Close is good with a peep, but too short with a scope is not.

Be interesting to see what she thinks of the CZ. Let us know.
1 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:27 pm

It appears from the photo that she is enjoying shooting the Henry. Not sure exactly how much enjoyment is possible with NO COFFEE anywhere in sight... somehow, she seems to have made the best of things. :)
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:58 pm

I am sure the ammo box was 'impromptu' for sitting but if she likes this position you might want to get her something a bit taller!!
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:32 pm

North Country Gal wrote:The way she's positioned on that stock is fine. Notice where she is getting a cheek weld, even with that winter coat she's wearing. By all means, let her try the Scout, but go with what she thinks fits her. If you go too short on length of pull, she may have have a problem getting enough eye relief with the Nikon. Close is good with a peep, but too short with a scope is not.

Be interesting to see what she thinks of the CZ. Let us know.
Good point. She has shouldered the Scout at the house without a coat and said it fit her. I use the term shouldered lightly because with rimfire I don't actually put the buttstock into my shoulder.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:32 pm

Mistered wrote:I am sure the ammo box was 'impromptu' for sitting but if she likes this position you might want to get her something a bit taller!!
Yes it was impromptu because we had only planned to shoot standing offhand.
0 x