Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Blaser R8 in caliber 6,5x55 and 9,3x62

ruhler
Cowhand
Sweden

Blaser R8 in caliber 6,5x55 and 9,3x62

Post by ruhler » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:22 pm

As requested in another thread I present my blaser r8 professional

The rifle has a straightpull mechanism, the caliber can be changed by changing barrel, and if needed bolthead and magazine.

The barrel is changed with loosing two hexscrews in the stock. The bolthead and magazine has compability with several similar calibers you may call them caliberfamily. Example standard bolthead is used for 6,5x55, 30.06, 9,3x62 caliber. I use 6,5x55 and 9,3x62 and they use the same bolthead but different magazine size so I have to change the magazineinsert. The whole magazine can be ejected and then the whole trigger is attached with the magazine if you pull out the magazine. Since the trigger and magazine are directly under the bolt it gives a really short and well balanced rifle and still full lenght barrel, its about 5-6" shorter than a normal boltaction rifle. The scopemount is a saddlemount that are mounted on the barrel that are in my opion is perfection, extremly accurate no difference what so ever if you put on and off the scope. This saddlemount is also used on all blasers rifles so no need for another mount if you want to use a scope on another rifle or barrel (you have to sight it in ofc if needed)

The boltaction can be changed to a lefthanded no problem you just have to pay for another bolt so no need for a whole rifle if someone in your family is a left shooter, the bolt locks into the barrel like an umbrella and are pressuretested to 120,000 psi so its stronger than you think. The bolt has a cockingdevice and if its cocked and you eject the magazine/trigger it uncocks, safe and fine. The reloading is insanly fast you can shoot extremly fast if you need/want to. The trigger is crisp and breaks at 0,8kilogram and the rifle is very accurate
Last edited by ruhler on Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Re: Blaser R8 in caliber 6,5x55 and 9,3x62

Post by Sir Henry » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:23 pm

That is remarkable they made it so you just change the bolt for a lefty.
0 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater