Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Improving CZ 452 trigger

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Improving CZ 452 trigger

Post by ditto1958 » Sat May 20, 2017 7:52 pm

I received a "yodave" trigger kit in the mail today to improve the trigger on my CZ 452 American. I have posted a number of range reports here during the time I have had this rifle, and have noted several times (or more) about how accurate the rifle is capable of being. There has been one thing holding it back (well, besides for the idiot behind the trigger), and that's that it came with a trigger that is a bit heavy, and has too much creep. It would be just fine for a squirrel gun, but for trying to make small groups on paper at the range, it's just not quite there.

The kit contains springs and shim tubes, and works to reduce trigger pull weight, as well as creep. We shall soon see if a better trigger improves my results at the range.
0 x

Les
Cowboy
South Africa

Re: Improving CZ 452 trigger

Post by Les » Sun May 21, 2017 9:05 am

I have a Yo Dave kit in my CZ455, and it transformed the trigger and the gun. I found the lightest spring to be a bit too light, because when I gave the butt a whack with a rubber mallet, the rifle would fire .... I hasten to add that it was not loaded during the testing, except with a fired round! ;)

The second spring and next to thinnest spacer brought the pull down from around 3.9lb to just about 1lb exactly. :D
1 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: Improving CZ 452 trigger

Post by ditto1958 » Sun May 21, 2017 3:57 pm

The Yodave kit is in, and wow. It really makes a difference. I won't be able to shoot it until Wednesday, though. Hrmph.

Edit: Well, I lied. Couldn't resist, and stopped at the range on the way to the grocery store. It was cloudy and windy, so I didn't have good conditions, or enough time, to really test things out. The rifle is REALLY enjoyable to shoot now.
2 x