Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A couple of truly vintage plinkers

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Re: A couple of truly vintage plinkers

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:00 am

Agree with Marine and Coop for that matter. I’ve always liked 22 but now Im in the 22 part of life. Shooting more 22 than ever
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:39 am

:D Very nice pair there. Like Vaquero I have Brophy’s book so I’ll take a look at the 38 also. Can’t believe your good fortune on replacement stocks.
1 x

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Post by Ernie » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:10 am

Nice find and shocking that you found both replacement stocks. Congratulations.
0 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:35 am

Thanks, again, folks.

I'm definitely shooting more rimfire than ever before and loving it. The increasing price of centerfire ammo is part of it, but for me it's mostly about being able to shoot right at home and also the huge number and assortment of rimfire guns made over the years.This Marlin 38 is a case in point. Kind of a kick to be shooting a 100 year old rifle and experiencing the way rifles were made back in those days.

Also, this Marlin has renewed my love of shooting pump rifles. There are so many user advantages to pump rifles over lever guns and bolt guns. If pumps had come along a bit sooner in the old west, I'll bet a lot more people would be shooting pumps these days.

And this Marlin really is such a sweet shooter. The action is very short and very smooth. Just a flick of the wrist needed to work it and the barrel stays right on target for the next shot. Very addicting thing to shoot.
2 x