Re: New gun: Ruger LC45

Post by Ernie » Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:19 am

BigAl52 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:46 pm
Ernie wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:34 pm
Something else to think about.
Getca one Ernie they are truly alot of fun
You people truly are enablers. The idea of a 45 ACP carbine is appealing. I bought a Hi Point 9mm carbine because a pistol caliber carbine seemed like a great idea and it is fun but I am not a true 9mm fan and I have more 45 auto pistols so it kind of makes sense. There is also the fact that 9mm is a lot cheaper than 45 so I have some thinking to do.
0 x

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:00 am

[quote=GunnyGene post_id=236547 time=1706405975

The gun can be fired with the stock folded, but I wouldn't advise it, since you lose access to the left side safety and the bolt lock, and it interferes with your thumb if it's not fully extended. The butt stock is easily removed if you want to shoot it without shouldering it.

[/quote]
FB_IMG_1706444913990.jpg

RP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:07 am

Vaquero wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:00 am
[quote=GunnyGene post_id=236547 time=1706405975

The gun can be fired with the stock folded, but I wouldn't advise it, since you lose access to the left side safety and the bolt lock, and it interferes with your thumb if it's not fully extended. The butt stock is easily removed if you want to shoot it without shouldering it.
FB_IMG_1706444913990.jpg

RP
[/quote]

This ain't Mogadishu, and you ain't SpecOps. :lol:
1 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Sun Jan 28, 2024 10:18 am

Ernie wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 8:19 am
BigAl52 wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:46 pm
Ernie wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:34 pm
Something else to think about.
Getca one Ernie they are truly alot of fun
You people truly are enablers. The idea of a 45 ACP carbine is appealing. I bought a Hi Point 9mm carbine because a pistol caliber carbine seemed like a great idea and it is fun but I am not a true 9mm fan and I have more 45 auto pistols so it kind of makes sense. There is also the fact that 9mm is a lot cheaper than 45 so I have some thinking to do.
Ammoseek is your friend Ernie if you are not a reloader. 2A warehouse is a good place to buy reman from.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:01 pm

5shot wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 8:16 pm
I'll be watching for your range report Gunny because I've been talking myself into getting one of these....especially if one turns up at that price!
Shoots pretty well. I've put 78rnds down range at 10 and 25 yds to break in some & get reasonably sighted in with the factory sights. No functional problems at all. I won't show the targets just yet, since this was with the factory peep sights and my shootin' eye ain't what it used to be. I've got a Holosun HS510C in transit so that should help with group size, etc. Thought about a scout scope, but I don't anticipate shooting anything past 35yds or so with this gun. I have the same optic on my TS-12 shotgun and it works well for close range. Got other guns for 100yds +.
0 x
Bellum Omnium Contra Omnes is rapidly becoming a reality (11/2023). Para Bellum.

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:38 pm

Gunblast on YouTube tested one. He really liked it. He had a Trijicon on his. Only 600.00 for one of those Way out of what I would spend on a dot. But his groups were excellent
0 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:01 am

I would like to have a 45acp pistol caliber carbine, but I really want a Thompson, heavy as they are.... :P as hard as they are to come by and as expensive as they can be unless you get REALLY lucky. :twisted: It's on my bucket list. I'm not looking too hard at guns not on that very short list unless I get lucky and find someone I trust to sell off a few of my duplicates or extras... I don't just sell to anyone... :roll:
(Too much time in LE and two years in Firearms Transactions at State Police.)

It looks like a great option though... will look forward to a more in depth review after you get your optic and have had it for a while.
sf
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:05 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:01 am
I would like to have a 45acp pistol caliber carbine, but I really want a Thompson, heavy as they are.... :P as hard as they are to come by and as expensive as they can be unless you get REALLY lucky. :twisted: It's on my bucket list. I'm not looking too hard at guns not on that very short list unless I get lucky and find someone I trust to sell off a few of my duplicates or extras... I don't just sell to anyone... :roll:
(Too much time in LE and two years in Firearms Transactions at State Police.)

It looks like a great option though... will look forward to a more in depth review after you get your optic and have had it for a while.
sf
I kinda miss the Thompson and other small arms we had in inventory back in the day. M3, BAR, select fire M-14, etc. Oh, well. Couldn't afford to feed them these days anyway.

The Holosun showed up yesterday, so I'll be zeroing that later today. Then I'll need to set up the chrono, and check MV for a variety of ammo I have. Probably wait for a few days for that. I haven't seen any MV stats on-line for this gun yet, but wouldn't trust them anyway. Can't wait to see how the 255grn +P hard cast in a 16.5" barrel performs. :D
0 x

BrokenolMarine
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by BrokenolMarine » Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:57 am

I had the Garand and the M1A (M14) on my bucket list as well, but dropped them due to the ammo costs. I shot Match Grade copies of both from the "Special Racks" in the base armory during High Power matches in the Corps, and loved them, especially the M14s, but couldn't imagine having to pay for those cases of National Match 308 ammo. We once drove to Ford Island at Pearl Harbor and picked up two pallets of Match ammo for the M14 the Navy no longer needed, in return for a favor I had been doing for a Navy Captain. Coordinating the Marine involvement in a conservation project on the small island of Kahoolawe. I would hate to think what those two pallets of match ammo would sell for these days. :twisted:
0 x
You can tell a lot about the character of a man...
by the way he treats those who can do nothing for him.

GunnyGene
Drover
United States of America

Post by GunnyGene » Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:12 am

BrokenolMarine wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 8:57 am
I had the Garand and the M1A (M14) on my bucket list as well, but dropped them due to the ammo costs. I shot Match Grade copies of both from the "Special Racks" in the base armory during High Power matches in the Corps, and loved them, especially the M14s, but couldn't imagine having to pay for those cases of National Match 308 ammo. We once drove to Ford Island at Pearl Harbor and picked up two pallets of Match ammo for the M14 the Navy no longer needed, in return for a favor I had been doing for a Navy Captain. Coordinating the Marine involvement in a conservation project on the small island of Kahoolawe. I would hate to think what those two pallets of match ammo would sell for these days. :twisted:
Distinguished Marksman? :)
0 x