Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Ruger calling!

Dahliathemeh
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Ruger calling!

Post by Dahliathemeh » Wed Oct 13, 2021 3:54 pm

I just got off the phone with a marvelous young lady named Ann. (If I remembered correctly) She is the assistant to the CEO Christopher Killoy.
As some of you know I'm having issues with my model 60. I reached out to Ruger and got a email back. However the phone call was a nice surprise.
During our talk, she mentioned how Ruger is trying to get Marlin back to pre-remington quality. She explained how they hired some of the pre-remington marlin workers to make sure the quality is up to par on the newly manufactured rifles.
But news was confirmed that it will be quite some time before they branch out to other models.
0 x
I never take myself seriously....

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Ruger calling!

Post by JEBar » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:33 pm

I wish them well ..... am happy to say that right now I'm not in the market for one of their rifles
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:47 pm

I can see a combo pack of a Ruger/Marlin " Rulin" lever rifle and a single action revolver!
2 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:35 pm

Good for Ruger. The Remington buyout of Marlin is an example of the worst kind of buyout. We Marlin fans were not happy.
2 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:53 pm

Ya especially the people who bought one of there rifles. They turned out junk quite well.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

Vaquero
Ranch Boss
United States of America

Post by Vaquero » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:12 pm

Yes, I have Several JM Marlins, and never even handled but one Remlin, and it belonged to a good friend.
he never could any consistent accuracy out of it and eventually sold it.
It was one of the 308 MX models, I have an '07 made one that shoots awesome.
I do hope Ruger gets it right, but at this point I'm not really looking for "any" new rifles of any kind.
I'll just stick to playin with what I have.

RP
1 x
Monte Walsh "You have No idea how little I care". :lol:

Ain't No Apologies for My Temperament :shock:
Si vis pacem, para bellum
H001, H006, H012

Rifletom
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by Rifletom » Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:40 pm

Randy, you got that right. I'll stay with what i have at this time. I have plenty to shoot as is. Had a great desert shoot today and will post in Range Reports tomorrow. Pooped! Gads, lots of shooting today. What perfect weather we had! Beer time, dinner and zzzzz......
1 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:33 am

I know some people who got fairly good Remlin 336/1895s, but those were the more modern Marlin lever gun actions and the easiest to produce. It was the older 1894 based actions like the 1894 and 39 that required hand fitting, especially the 39, that gave Remington fits. Didn't take long for the 39 to go Custom Shop, only.

Just guessing, but I suspect Ruger will start with the 336/1895.
1 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by Hatchdog » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:25 am

My first Marlin (other than a Glenfield 60 in high school) was a 2009 M/39. I bought it slightly used and didn’t know about the Remington issues until after I bought it. 2009 was right in the transition period and after reading about the problems I was concerned about my 39. Not to worry, it’s very accurate and never has a hiccup feeding or extracting. I do have a Weaver Classic 4X on it which of course helps with accuracy. It has dispatched many a ground squirrel and I feed it mostly CCI Mini Mag 36 gr HP’s. JM marked thankfully.
1 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:05 am

"She explained how they hired some of the pre-remington marlin workers to make sure the quality is up to par on the newly manufactured rifles.
But news was confirmed that it will be quite some time before they branch out to other models.".............
Great news! We (corporate USA) needs to bring back quality manufacturing. There's been too much emphasis on how large the dividend can be rather than quality and jobs.
Jake
2 x