Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

CMMG Banshee & other AR

BruniX
Cowhand
France

CMMG Banshee & other AR

Post by BruniX » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:56 am

Does anyone know among you the banshee (AR15 like) of the CMMG brand?
Is it solid, and accurate?
cmmg banshee 45 acp.jpg
They exist in a whole bunch of calibers, have you tried any (45 acp, 223, 9 para) ?

Also what are the best AR(10 & 15) brand for reliability , accuracy and after-sales services ?

BruniX
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
0 x
"Those who forget the past are condemned to relive it"
W. Churchill

Shadow 2 SA - CZ
P08 - Luger
AR-15 - SDI
586 - S&W
97 - CZ
T3 Tac. - Tikka
1895 SBL - Marlin
1860 COLT - Pietta

Headhog
Cowboy
United States of America

Re: CMMG Banshee & other AR

Post by Headhog » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:34 am

Can’t comment on the Banshee since I have no experience with it. But, my Ar15 is a Rock River Arms LAR15 I’ve owned since 2007. Once I figured out my reloading dies were set wrong it has been 100% reliable. I shoot competition pistol matches and there is usually an optional fun rifle side stage. So my Rock River is used for that. It is ammo sensitive and likes boat tail bullets in the 55 gr. variety for the best accuracy. As far as price goes Rock River seems to be in the mid-range between budget and top dollar AR’s.

For an AR10 I own a DPMS Panther that I picked up in 2011. I feed that my own reloads and have had no issues with it. I put a scope on it and zeroed it at 100 yds. Extremely accurate out to 200 yds, and never tested further. I looked at the Rock River AR10 but it required their own magazine. The DPMS magazine is interchangeable with about every other AR10 out there. Also at the time Magpul was making magazines for AR10’s but not the Rock River. That may have changed since then.

Paul
1 x

BruniX
Cowhand
France

Post by BruniX » Fri May 07, 2021 3:43 am

Headhog wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:34 am
Can’t comment on the Banshee since I have no experience with it. But, my Ar15 is a Rock River Arms LAR15 I’ve owned since 2007. Once I figured out my reloading dies were set wrong it has been 100% reliable. I shoot competition pistol matches and there is usually an optional fun rifle side stage. So my Rock River is used for that. It is ammo sensitive and likes boat tail bullets in the 55 gr. variety for the best accuracy. As far as price goes Rock River seems to be in the mid-range between budget and top dollar AR’s.

For an AR10 I own a DPMS Panther that I picked up in 2011. I feed that my own reloads and have had no issues with it. I put a scope on it and zeroed it at 100 yds. Extremely accurate out to 200 yds, and never tested further. I looked at the Rock River AR10 but it required their own magazine. The DPMS magazine is interchangeable with about every other AR10 out there. Also at the time Magpul was making magazines for AR10’s but not the Rock River. That may have changed since then.

Paul
hello, Headog,
I spoke with someone at my club who uses AR15s, a former soldier ...
he told me a lot of good about DPMS, reliable, full milspec and affordable ...
he also told me about the "Stag arms" brand, but it seems more expensive. you know them ?
he said that, preferably, it was necessary to choose the HBAR models (heavy barrels I believe) >= 20' length

What do you think of this?

BruniX
0 x
"Those who forget the past are condemned to relive it"
W. Churchill

Shadow 2 SA - CZ
P08 - Luger
AR-15 - SDI
586 - S&W
97 - CZ
T3 Tac. - Tikka
1895 SBL - Marlin
1860 COLT - Pietta

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri May 07, 2021 12:00 pm

I have a Barnes Precision Machine AR-15. I also owned a DPMS AR-15 at one time with a heavy barrel. That being said the barrel was a bull barrel. Not sure if that is what your friend was referring to when making that statement. But a heavy barrel will limit its ability to be shot off hand. Its possible to shoot it that way but will be heavy after a period of time. Im not familiar with the brand in question here but DPMS Rock River, and Windham Weaponry are ones I am familiar with. I have also owned a Sig 716 AR-10 but sold it because it was just to heavy to shoot off hand and I just didnt need it. I have a Windham Ar-15 in a 7.62 X 39 and its a great gun to shoot and alot of fun.
2 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55