Cate
0 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: My husband shot the NIB CZ SCOUT that he bought

Post by Catherine » Mon May 23, 2016 9:21 pm

Side note:

I wanted to clarify my one sentence in my one reply here when I commented on my husband's shooting.

My husband only shoots one 9mm and a few other 45acp pistols now as I said but he still shoots a few other caliber rifles and one 12 gauge shotgun.

22lr

30-30

30-06

45-70

Cate
0 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Sun May 29, 2016 2:05 am

I went to the range today after dinner with my husband. He cooked it too. Grin.

I got to shoot the CZ Scout and it IS a tack driver. I shot about 40 rounds and he shot 10 rounds.

I am very pleased with this rifle! He was/is too. Previous post.

I shot standing up even though I had to use my cane at the range. The fresh air was nice, it was cool outside to me, I was sore but I still wanted to get out and keep up my basic skills.

I only did some basic self defense shooting with one paper target and the rifle handled flawlessly. It is simple to use and slick. It is a bolt action as most of you know. The LIGHTER weight is good for me, the rifle is well balanced and even though it is considered a 'youth' rifle - it felt just fine. It is a wee bit short compared to my FORMER adult rifles, over the years, but it is NOTHING that I can't handle due to the weight of the gun with my issues.

We sold the SWEET Henry Golden Boy rifles in 22lr and 22wmr. I will MISS them a lot and I loved Everything About Them but I could not handle the weight of them. (I plan on getting a HENRY kid's bolt action rifle due to the weight.)

WE do not keep what we no longer use and shoot. Your mileage may vary. If I did not have these physical issues and arthritis... I would still be shooting the heavier rifles.

My husband had me order a CZ 455 LUX rifle for him to use up part of our full in store credit. Plus he will get some other things up there too.

I will be shooting the CZ Scout and the Savage Rascal rifles for now. I did not go to any store to handle the HENRY kid's rifle recently.

Have a good Sunday.

Cate
1 x

CT_Shooter
Administrator emeritus
United States of America

Post by CT_Shooter » Sun May 29, 2016 2:31 pm

Thanks for the Range Report, Cate. I'm glad you had good time and shot so well.
1 x
H006M Big Boy Brass .357 - H001 Classic .22LR - Uberti / Taylors & Co. SmokeWagon .357 5.5" - Uberti / Taylors & Co. RanchHand .22LR 5.5"

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Sun May 29, 2016 5:51 pm

Glad your range time was enjoyable for you both! :)

Keep us posted whenever a Henry mini-bolt-action joins your gun cabinet. It is a cool-looking rifle.
Plus single-shot rifles are fun in their own way when you can enjoy the relaxed time of loading/shooting a single round.
1 x

~Пока~