Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Friday evening at gun shop

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Friday evening at gun shop

Post by bandit1250 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:16 pm

I went to a gun shop last evening with my friend who is also my gun show partner. He went to pick up a CZ 22 rifle he had ordered. It was slow coming in and he was wanting to get it. It is a 513 Basic which is a model CZ made as a entry level 22. He likes mine so much he has tried to buy it but I won't sell it because it is one of my favorite ones in my CZ collection. They are basically a 452 action and bolt. Takes a 452 magazine but has no adjustable trigger. No one seems to want to mess with the very heavy pull on these triggers. I spent hours one day on mine and got it figured out and it came from 6lbs. down to a little under 2lb. They have a curved strut they get their tension from and you have to keep bending the curve out of the strut to bring down the weight of pull. So everything went good at the shop and we started home and I-70 was a mess with traffic so we got off and went through some country roads and got on RT.30 in Pa. and came back home a little slower way and slightly longer but hardly any traffic. Stopped at another shop and their prices would scare most buyers off. This is his rifle and he got it for under $300 shipped and including tax. I am going to take the sling loops of and put detachable swivel studs in in their place. He is putting a new Leupold 2-7 scope on it.
2 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Re: Friday evening at gun shop

Post by PT7 » Sat May 14, 2016 8:19 pm

:) That CZ looks really sharp. Your friend sure got some very handsome wood for his stock!
0 x

~Пока~

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Post by RetiredSeabee » Sat May 14, 2016 9:06 pm

That is a beauty, I still need a CZ. So I really enjoy reading about the different models.
1 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Sat May 14, 2016 9:36 pm

RetiredSeabee wrote:That is a beauty, I still need a CZ. So I really enjoy reading about the different models.
This is a model they fazed out recently. The last I looked at the web sight there was seven left. There may not be any more brought here after these are sold. This was a European model called a "Farmer' over there and changed to "Basic" when brought to USA.
0 x

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Sun May 15, 2016 3:58 pm

That's a very interesting CZ, and nice wood on it.
0 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun May 15, 2016 5:02 pm

I don't think I could live with a six pound trigger. Glad you got it down to two. The Leupold would be a good scope for it.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater