Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

452 Trainer at the range Thursday

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

452 Trainer at the range Thursday

Post by bandit1250 » Fri May 06, 2016 7:11 am

Had rainy foggy weather here but no wind to talk about so headed up to the club range hoping it wasn't fogged in at least to the 50 yd. target board. It was clear enough to shoot so I did get to try my CZ Trainer that has been my least accurate 452. It has been getting better the more I shoot it. I shot at 50 yds. with a few different brands of ammo that I took with me. Rifle has a very clear 2-7 Leupold on it but for paper shooting it could use a little more power but this is a squirrel rifle in my mind. The left target was shot first with Norma Tac 22 and Winchester Dyna Point. The Dyna point I use for hunting. I actually had my first squib load ever from the Norma Tac ammo. I am not going to blame the ammo yet because I could have put the wrong cartridge back in this box when I was shooting from my porch the day before. Sounded like a sub sonic. The right target was Federal auto match and Federal champion and bottom left was CCI Standard. The Auto match is good ammo for bulk and for just out shooting with out being concerned with group size. I was surprised by my last group with it that it kept 24 shots that well at 50 yds. The Blazers in all fairness were shot last after all the other brands and barrel fouled with the others and not cleaned. I shot 7 shots holding on a nail in the target board because I already knew they would shoot high. Well they were not as high as I thought but were on the target. This rifle has shot that lot # of Blazers a little better before. I m starting to like the Trainer a little more. It has a great trigger at 1 1/4lb.
The rifle and scope set up
The results
1 x

RetiredSeabee
Administrator
United States of America

Re: 452 Trainer at the range Thursday

Post by RetiredSeabee » Fri May 06, 2016 8:17 am

It sure is a pretty squirrel gun. And with targets like those the critters should just put their paws in the air and give up.
2 x
Load on Sunday and Shoot all Week.......okay it's a Mare's Leg I will reload on Wednesday. ;)

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri May 06, 2016 8:23 am

agree .... squirrel hunting with that rifle should be fun
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri May 06, 2016 9:29 am

Get the largest iron skillet you have ready for the cookin'! And from the looks of your targets, it might not be big enough. ;)

BTW, if this "CZ Trainer has been my least accurate 452," I'd like to see targets from the most accurate!
Thanks for the report.
2 x

~Пока~

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by bandit1250 » Fri May 06, 2016 10:05 am

BTW, if this "CZ Trainer has been my least accurate 452," I'd like to see targets from the most accurate!
Thanks for the report.[/quote]
I am not saying it is a bad shooter now. It has been getting better as I shoot and clean it. Maybe just needed the bore to smooth out some. I plan on putting a lot of bulk Auto Match through it to smooth things up. It still is not as good as a few other 452's I have but holds it's own with some of them. It sure does feel nice to carry and should work well in the fall for squirrel hunting. It is set up for squirrel and not target shooting but it is nice to know how accurate it may be. I have never tried changing action screw tension but I will some day soon.
1 x

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Fri May 06, 2016 10:07 am

You were getting good groups with all the ammo your tried.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Fri May 06, 2016 9:21 pm

Nice rifle and report.

Thank you!

Cate
0 x

Deadwood Dutch
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Deadwood Dutch » Fri May 06, 2016 9:24 pm

Nice rifle and great shooting! Thanks for sharing.
0 x
U.S. Navy ⚓️ 1965-1969 - NRA Member - Henry H004, Henry H001