Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

A new CZ for my wife's birthday

bandit1250
Cowboy
United States of America

A new CZ for my wife's birthday

Post by bandit1250 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:46 pm

We have been selling off some of our rifles that don't get shot. I sold quite a few Marlin 39A's and decided to gift my wife with a new CZ 452 Grand Finale. She loves shooting and I know she likes my GF so now she will get her own to go with some other CZ's she has now. She may want to sell her other 452's after she shoots the GF. They are really in a class of there own in the 452 line of rifles that are now out of production. My wife is fast becoming a very good shooter again after a fairly long stretch a couple years back of not getting to shoot. The guys at the shooting range some times just sit and watch her shoot. Most comments are like " D--- that girl can shoot." She really does make me proud of her when she is on a good string with shooting the KYL targets. I plan on putting a 4-12X40 AO Leupold I have in the safe on it but may go with the Leupold Compact 3-9X33 AO gloss finished scope to go with the very high gloss bluing on the Grand Finale rifles. I hope it has decent wood. It won't have to be a wood lottery winner to make her smile because she appreciates every thing I get her but it would be nice to get a pretty one. I have little doubt about it not shooting well after a trigger job and maybe a little tuning that I do to other 452's. She handles the under 8 oz. triggers like she has been shooting them all her life so I will make it light like mine and add a steel trigger shoe to it. I can't figure out how she can shoot a very light pull weight trigger then go to a hard pulling trigger and shoot it as well as the easy one. Must be nerves of steel. Blows me away how she does it. It will ship in 3-6 days so I will post some pictures then. All my forum friends have a very nice and a safe week end.
3 x

Ernie
Drover
United States of America

Re: A new CZ for my wife's birthday

Post by Ernie » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:48 pm

Do enjoy shooting my CZs. Sounds like a great gift idea, especially with the trigger job.
1 x

dddrees
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by dddrees » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:54 pm

Sounds great, here's to hoping the stock turns out to be nice as well.

Can't wait to see your pics when it arrives.
1 x

BigAl52
Forum Ambassador
United States of America

Post by BigAl52 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:28 pm

We need pictures Bandit when she gets it. I have one CZ rifle and about 3 of there pistols. They are truly first class in my book and I love the way they feel in my hand.
1 x
Don't worry about getting older and still doing stupid stuff. You'll do the stupid stuff as always, only much slower. Hold my beer and watch this.......

H001T .22LR
H001T .22LR MONUMENT VALLEY
H003T PUMP .22LR
BBS .41 MAG
SS .357
SIDE GATE 38-55

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:50 am

Outstanding, bandit. Glad for you both. Can't wait to see pics and see how it shoots.
1 x