Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Marlin Camp 9

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Marlin Camp 9

Post by Shakey Jake » Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:57 am

Sprung for a Marlin Camp 9 off Gunbroker the other day. I thought about the Ruger PC9 but am a bit nostalgic for wood stock and Marlins. I'll report when I get it in. I figured it would be a cheap plinking firearm. I don't know why the Camp 45's are so ridiculously much higher priced over the 9. I'd rather have the 9 anyway.
4 x

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: Marlin Camp 9

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:24 pm

Should be a fun and cheap gun to shoot. Have always loved those Marlin Camp guns, but have never seen one come up for sale in our area. Would love to see a range report.
0 x

Mistered
Drover
United States of America

Post by Mistered » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:41 pm

I don't know why the Camp 45's are so ridiculously much higher priced over the 9.
I believe mfg. of the .45s was like one to ten 9mms.
Looked at a few Camp 9s myself over the years but gave up on the idea when I was warned about a potential problem you might want to keep an eye on - the plastic magwells apparently are becoming brittle with age and some are cracking and breaking and they are essentially unavailable.
Hey maybe it was just BS but my interest waned with other projects - and now I have a Ruger PCC!
0 x

Henry88
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by Henry88 » Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:52 pm

Interesting gun that I didn't know existed. kind of like a center fire model 60...........
0 x

Shakey Jake
Drover
United States of America

Post by Shakey Jake » Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:54 pm

Mistered wrote:
I don't know why the Camp 45's are so ridiculously much higher priced over the 9.
I believe mfg. of the .45s was like one to ten 9mms.
Looked at a few Camp 9s myself over the years but gave up on the idea when I was warned about a potential problem you might want to keep an eye on - the plastic magwells apparently are becoming brittle with age and some are cracking and breaking and they are essentially unavailable.
Hey maybe it was just BS but my interest waned with other projects - and now I have a Ruger PCC!
Thanks for the heads up. I think I might be able to make something that would work if necessary.
Jake
0 x

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:00 pm

looking forward to your reports .... I'd really enjoy seeing it in action when we get back to Lake Conroe
1 x