Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

TALO Limited Edition BA Derringer

PT7
Drover
United States of America

TALO Limited Edition BA Derringer

Post by PT7 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:53 pm

A little over a week ago NCG posted a thread in this sub-forum titled: "When I think shooting, I think of my _____."
My contribution was photos of my Bond Arms Snake Slayer derringer. For me, the derringer is a hoot-to-shoot O/U handgun.

In my web wanderings this week, I came across a Limited Edition (TALO) BA derringer I've never before seen. It's a Dragon Slayer (NOT a Snake Slayer) in .357 magnum with a 3.5" barrel. It's not listed on the BA web site, and I don't know when it was released. I found two shops that have it available for purchase, but I'm pretty sure they will disappear before I can build up enough pennies in my "fun gun" fund. Guess I'll have to let this one "fly away." ;)

Here are a couple of photos of this handgun. The intricate dragon carved in the wood Rosewood grips is sure different; and I think the patterns engraved on the sides of the barrels are pretty cool-looking. 8-)
PT7
BA Dragon Slayer_3.5-inch .357 Magnum_1.jpg
BA Dragon Slayer_3.5-inch .357 Magnum_1.jpg (27.77 KiB) Viewed 3477 times
BA Dragon Slayer_3.5-inch .357 Magnum_2.jpg
BA Dragon Slayer_3.5-inch .357 Magnum_2.jpg (34 KiB) Viewed 3477 times
2 x

~Пока~

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Re: TALO Limited Edition BA Derringer

Post by North Country Gal » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:51 am

PT, I do remember your contribution to my thread. I was predicting you'd go with one of your Russians, but you surprised me with the Bonds. Well, there you go. Never know for sure how it works for someone else.

I do think those derringers have a unique aura to them. Nothing else quite like them in the gun world. Then, too, a derringer is one gun I've never shot and that's saying something for me. :)
1 x

PT7
Drover
United States of America

Post by PT7 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:33 pm

NGC ---
Might you or Bill know someone who has a BA derringer you could shoot? Or do you have a range that might have one to rent?
I'd be interested in your write up on how it shoots, handles, etc. Plus I'd like to see the POIs you'd place in a target....would give me a goal to strive for!
PT7
North Country Gal wrote:PT, I do remember your contribution.... I do think those derringers have a unique aura to them. Nothing else quite like them in the gun world. Then, too, a derringer is one gun I've never shot..... :)
0 x

~Пока~

North Country Gal
Firearms Advisor
United States of America

Post by North Country Gal » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:31 am

We don't know of anyone who shoots one and we have no ranges, up here, that rent guns. Will keep it in mind, though, if I do see someone shooting one.
0 x