Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Bond Arms Factory Tour

JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Bond Arms Factory Tour

Post by JEBar » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:13 pm

a week or so ago I called the fellow who owns/runs the gun shop that we've dealt with since the late '70s ... during that conversation I learned that he is a Bond dealer .... when I told him that when we got back home from Texas on April 1st, I planned to come by his place and order a Bond Rowdy with a 3" barrel chambered for 38/357, he said no problem .... a few minutes ago he called me back and said he was in the process of putting one in his vault to hold for us until we get back .. :D .. we now plan to drive over to his shop and pick it up April 2nd
Attachments
bond 1.jpg
bond 1.jpg (72.13 KiB) Viewed 999 times
4 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:57 pm

brm4450 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:56 pm
Hey I got a set of Bond Jumbo rosewood grips that I would gladly let go to anyone who wants them! No cost just want them to go to somebody who’ll use them!
looking forward to seeing how she looks and feels with rosewood grips ... :D ... thanks again
Attachments
bond grip.jpeg
bond grip.jpeg (108.27 KiB) Viewed 993 times
1 x

brm4450
Drover
United States of America

Post by brm4450 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:37 pm

Send us a pic when you get them put on!
0 x
H012C, 2 H004V, H001TMER, H004SV, H001TV, H001TLB, H003T, H005MG, H001V, H001TLP, Rossi Ranch Hand, Uberti 1860, Ubérti 1866 Goldenboy
"when you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk" Tuco

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:57 pm

will post one just as soon as possible
0 x

GFK
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by GFK » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:45 am

Looks like it is well made. Probably will be a great companion for the Henry. It is nice having a rifle/carbine, revolver and pistol in the same caliber. More shooting without keeping additional calibers on hand. For me, it makes maintaining a supply simpler.
1 x
Actions speak louder than words (Matthew 7:16-20).

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:05 am

GFK wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:45 am
Looks like it is well made. Probably will be a great companion for the Henry. It is nice having a rifle/carbine, revolver and pistol in the same caliber. More shooting without keeping additional calibers on hand. For me, it makes maintaining a supply simpler.
agree .... we now have a rifle, revolvers, and a derringer chambered for 38 and/or 357 ... every firearm I've purchased since moving from NC's mountains to our current home area back in the early 70's has been purchased from Jim's Gun Shop ===> http://jimsgunshopnc.com/index.html .... that includes all of them for us and for our kids ... not the least of which are all three of our Henry rifles ..... haven't sat down and figured out how many that comes to but its a bunch ..... if you checked the link you will see that he ain't much for technology but he knows his business
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:13 pm

its my understanding that Bond is developing a derringer dedicated to 22 rimfire .... it will be built to allow for different length barrels but not for centerfire barrels .... if/when they bring it to production and if they offer it at a price range like their Rowdy, I'd certainly give it serious consideration
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:31 pm

one of the unique things about Bond derringers is barrels for all 16 calibers they offer can be easily switched from one grip to another .... the 38/357 ammo for the one we have purchased takes small pistol primers .... my plan is to purchase a second barrel chambered for 44 Spl which takes large pistol primers .... during times when primers tend to be scarce, it would be handy to be able to use both sizes
1 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:44 pm

must say I continue to be impressed with Bond Arms .... I checked a few websites of their major dealers and none listed having a 3" 44 spl barrel set in stock .... called the fellow who conducted our tour and asked him for a recommendation .... he was at home sick with bronchitis, would do some checking and call me back .... when he called back I learned that they have no uncommitted barrels at the factory .... in fact, orders for them coming in today will not be shipped for 17 weeks .... he found that yesterday afternoon they shipped two to a dealer in Arkansas so he called them .... their shipment is scheduled to arrive on Saturday .... he reserved on in our name and arranged for one of their folks to call us and then called us to let us know .... during this time we were out in our truck .... withing minutes my wife was on the phone with a fellow at Buck Snort Outfitters giving him billing and shipping info .... it will leave their place on Monday and should arrive at our place on Wednesday or Thursday .... with us due back home Thursday afternoon and to pickup the derringer on Friday, it couldn't have worked out any better :D
0 x

Conax
Cowhand
United States of America

Post by Conax » Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:37 pm

JEBar wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:13 pm
its my understanding that Bond is developing a derringer dedicated to 22 rimfire .... it will be built to allow for different length barrels but not for centerfire barrels .... if/when they bring it to production and if they offer it at a price range like their Rowdy, I'd certainly give it serious consideration
I have a .22 magnum barrel for mine. Don't they make a .22 LR barrel?
0 x