Thank you.

Cate
0 x

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Re: Do any of you shoot the

Post by White Squirrel » Sun May 22, 2016 12:07 am

No, but I have been looking at them for my grandson. He just turned two and I want to figure out if he is going to be right or left handed. Both his parents are left handed, but he looks like he may be right handed. Trying to decide whether to get the Henry mini-bolt youth or the Henry youth lever. I know he is too young right now, but who knows if I will be around when he is old enough to shoot. I know the sage answer is get them both for him. Maybe I will.

Anyway, it looks like a good little single shot rifle. Are you looking for one for anyone in particular?
2 x
Henry Frontier .22LR

Sir Henry
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by Sir Henry » Sun May 22, 2016 10:56 am

I bought one and donated it to our ranges youth program. I've never shot one.
1 x
Hi, my name is Gene and I'm a Henryholic from Wisconsin.

Range Reporter: Henry Repeater

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun May 22, 2016 12:24 pm

I'd like to get one, just to have and perhaps keep as a "truck" gun. I haven't seen them in any shops in a long time.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by White Squirrel » Sun May 22, 2016 4:02 pm

daytime dave wrote:I'd like to get one, just to have and perhaps keep as a "truck" gun. I haven't seen them in any shops in a long time.
The one I saw was a used one. Had a good price on it. I probably should have bought it just for that reason.
1 x
Henry Frontier .22LR

daytime dave
Administrator / Owner
United States of America

Post by daytime dave » Sun May 22, 2016 7:03 pm

White Squirrel wrote:
daytime dave wrote:I'd like to get one, just to have and perhaps keep as a "truck" gun. I haven't seen them in any shops in a long time.
The one I saw was a used one. Had a good price on it. I probably should have bought it just for that reason.
I'm saving for the "original", but I'd have bought a used one (not a pink sotck) most likely too.
1 x
Some days I'm Andy, most days I'm Barney........
Eaglescout, NRA Life Endowment member, BCCI Life Member

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Sun May 22, 2016 9:22 pm

WS,

I was thinking about the light weight for myself.

I never had children but it looks like a nice gun for children.

Cate
0 x

White Squirrel
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by White Squirrel » Sun May 22, 2016 10:31 pm

Catherine wrote:WS,

I was thinking about the light weight for myself.

I never had children but it looks like a nice gun for children.

Cate
That makes sense. I just wasn't thinking in those terms. At 6'1" with a 37" sleeve, a gun with a short length of pull doesn't register with me, but I certainly can see where it would be more comfortable for someone who is not as big as I am.
1 x
Henry Frontier .22LR

ditto1958
Cowboy
United States of America

Post by ditto1958 » Sun May 22, 2016 11:51 pm

No, but I wish Henry would bring back the adult version, but offer it with a blued barrel and a wood stock.
1 x

Catherine
Cattle Driver
United States of America

Post by Catherine » Mon May 23, 2016 5:21 pm

I think that it would be nice to have one made into an adult length but keep it light weight.

(I don't like heavy barrels or scopes for my type of shooting.)

Kids guns are usually too short for me in their overall length even though I am 5' 3" tall.

The Savage Rascal bolt action - single shot rifle (22lr) is a bit short for me but I can still shoot it very well. We have two of them here. I am glad that we tried one out and bought a second one especially now with some of my physical issues and arthritis.

Side note:

Dave,

I think that the HENRY kid's gun would make a good truck gun too. Right now, I use the Savage Rascal for that purpose but I would like to really get to try out the HENRY one. The Savage came in different stocks (Wood, composite, etc.) and colors. I got the black composite one for both rifles even though I liked the blue one too. Jesse looked at the blue one in HORROR! Ha ha. I am NOT personally into colored guns and PREFER NICE WOOD and STEEL but if a kid, lady or man likes all of the other stuff and choices in their guns... I am happy for them. At least they are shooting and bringing in more people.

My very first GUN was in a black composite material and a GLOCK 9mm back in the late 90's. It worked for me even though I had used my late husband's (He was alive at the time.) heavy, beautiful, d/a revolver in a famous Dan Wesson (357Magnum) model for my HOUSE GUN once he got out of the USN, moved back to his, not my, home state and after we built our house.

One of my NY friends brought his wife into guns and he painted one of hers in a seashell pink color because she wanted a specific model gun in a specific color and ALL of her gun stuff matches! She is a good shot and was at one NRA match from my memory. I saw the pictures, updates, notes, etc. myself. She owns more guns now and shoots. His first wife had a LOT of guns, she shot a lot and was an outstanding shooter from what he told me.

I know that you are Not knocking what people own and you prefer guns kind of like most of us do but whenever I think of my NY friend and his second wife... it reminds me on how she really LIKES GUNS now and how hard he tried to PLEASE HIS WIFE and finish her gun. The gun (Ruger rifle.) is the shade of a sea shell pink rose or a sea shell - all in one color. Pale soft pink.

Cate
Typos!
0 x