Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Birthday rifle

Ranger2020
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Birthday rifle

Post by Ranger2020 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:44 am

Since my wife is taking a liking to the shooting sports, I got her a new rifle for her birthday. Picked up a Henry Mini Bolt for her. Ii's very light in weight and short enough that she can handle it just fine. I took it out by myself and put 75 rounds through it and had no problems at all. After a couple of sight adjustments the accuracy of the Mini is great. I shot 50 yard targets as well with it as I do with my #001 lever Henry. Took the wife to the range last weekend and had a great time. Shooting @ 30 yards and 5 round groups she got the hang of it quick. About half way through the session she managed 2 shots inside the 10 ring in 5 shots. Then we had to get the squirrel targets out. Yep, that war is still ongoing. No perfect hits, but would have put food on the table if needed. Overall, the Mini is a fine little rifle that is accurate, dependable, and plenty of fun to shoot.
8 x

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Birthday rifle

Post by Hatchdog » Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:23 am

Very cool that she is enjoying shooting and you gave her a rifle for her birthday. Kudos to the both of you.
1 x