Value?

Hatchdog
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Re: Value?

Post by Hatchdog » Fri Sep 01, 2023 10:33 am

CheckSix wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:52 pm
Well, my pump was misfiring about 10% - 20% of the time, so I went to the Henry sight and they sent me a shipping label to send it to them.
I got a package today, a little less than a month after I sent it. They didn't fix my rifle; they sent me a brand new octagon barreled pump rifle with pretty gold lettering on both sides of the barrel near the rear sight.

I have no complaints about Henry customer service. :-)
Well now you know the value, priceless!. That’s some pretty incredible customer service, happy they took good care of you.
0 x

fortyshooter
Ranch Foreman
United States of America

Post by fortyshooter » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:35 am

I have both the Henry pump and the lever carbine and like them both. Load that pump up with a bunch of 22 CB Shorts and have a ball all day!
0 x

CheckSix
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by CheckSix » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:12 pm

My replacement pump would occasionally misfire. I discovered If I slammed the action closed, it would shoot; if I simply firmly closed the action, the bolt would remain about 1/16 inch out of battery and it would misfire. The cases showed either no marks or a very slight mark from the firing pin. Also, after the hammer dropped when the bolt was not completely in battery, the action locked up and you had to push the release to open the action.
So...it went back to Henry.
The saga continues.
0 x

markiver54
Deputy Marshal
United States of America

Post by markiver54 » Wed Sep 06, 2023 10:20 pm

Sounds like you need to make it clear who's boss, you, or the rifle. 🤷🙂
0 x
I'm your Huckleberry

CheckSix
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by CheckSix » Thu Sep 07, 2023 1:45 pm

Ha, Ha!
I don't mind being firm with the pump or lever actions, but I don't like having to be violent. Henry seemed to agree there was a problem because when I described the situation, they approved sending it back and sent me a return shipping label.
1 x

CheckSix
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by CheckSix » Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:27 pm

Today I received my Henry pump back from the company. The packing slip said they replaced the bolt assembly and the locking bar. The action seems to move more easily and the bolt goes completely forward no matter how fast or slow the action is closed. I plan to go to the range tomorrow.
They also included a card thanking me for owning a Henry and for being patient.
1 x

CheckSix
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by CheckSix » Tue Sep 19, 2023 1:20 pm

I took the pump to the range today. It performed as expected. You must completely close the action, but you don't have to slam it, now.
3 x