Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry Survival Rifle barrel nut question

Discussion about the AR-7 and all of it's versions before and since Henry
Richard677
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Henry Survival Rifle barrel nut question

Post by Richard677 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:19 pm

I was checking out parts availability for my new Henry survival rifle on Numrich's gun parts site to pick up and have on hand some extra parts to use in a pinch and I noticed in the listings there was a part number for a barrel nut washer. I re-read my owners manual and looked the schematic over pretty closely and I don't see a part number or listing for a barrel washer nor does my brand new barrel nut have one on my rifle. Is the listing for an older AR-7 survival rifle or am I missing one? The barrel nut on my new rifle seems to fit nice and snug without one but I was curious about the listing. If I buy one (washer) should I put it on or do I even need one? Thanks Richard.
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Re: Henry Survival Rifle barrel nut question

Post by ESquared » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:33 pm

This seems like a question that HRA customer service would answer in a heartbeat.

Don't know how many owners of the Survival Rifle are around the Forum, but maybe one of them will chime in if so.

HRA would have no reason to keep it a secret, I wouldn't think!
2 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357

guymalloc
Tenderfoot
United States of America

Post by guymalloc » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:21 pm

The latest Henry Survival AR-7 has a polymer wrapped steel barrel, the polymer will seal and stay tight with the nut to the receiver without a washer. If you have an all steel barrel, from AR-7 dot COM, then I would suggest the fiber washer be used between the nut and barrel flange, it will keep the barrel tight during use.
0 x

ESquared
Deputy Administrator
United States of America

Post by ESquared » Sat Jun 29, 2019 8:19 am

Thanks, Guy, for that very well-informed response. Spoken like a Henry C/S rep!
0 x
BB Steel .357 | SGC 22LR | LR .308 | CCH 30-30 | BB Brass .45 Colt (Carbine) | Single Shot 20 gauge | Single Shot .223 | Single Shot 357