Spring has sprung. Get out and shoot your Henry

Henry AR-7

Discussion about the AR-7 and all of it's versions before and since Henry
JEBar
Town Marshal / Deputy Admin
United States of America

Re: Henry AR-7

Post by JEBar » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:31 pm

fairly early Saturday morning we are due to head west in our camper to spend the next couple of months in South Dakota .... won't be doing anweything about an AR 7 until sometime after we get back the end of June .... in addition, we are considering getting each of our sons one for Christmas but that decision will be discussed further
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Thu May 04, 2017 9:42 pm

as noted above, we are traveling from home in NC to eastern South Dakota .... we are spending a couple of days in Rockford, IL .... tomorrow a friend who has a Henry AR-7 is coming by and pick us up .... we plan to spend the afternoon at his place and to do some shooting in his back yard .... I'm really looking forward to seeing one in person and to giving one a try
0 x

JEBar
United States of America

Post by JEBar » Fri May 05, 2017 11:14 pm

well, I'm happy to say that earlier today I had a good opportunity to spend some time with AR-7 .... he has a 25 yard range, setup for 22LR in his back yard .... a few observations : it seems much heavier disassembled with everything in the stock than it does fully assembled, my guess is that its a matter of balance .... the opening in the rear peep sight is tiny .... the size of the front sight is pretty wide .... she functioned well .... all in all, I was impressed
0 x